Everyone appreciates the invaluable contribution that administration and secretarial staff make to the smooth running of the organisation. You provide a vital support function, and your job role will probably include:
- Supervision of staff, and monitoring the quality of the work output.
- Providing induction and on-the-job training for new employees.
- Assessment and evaluation of junior staff performance.
- Maintaining an efficient and productive working environment.
- Assisting with planning and organization of activities, and the use of resources.
- Providing estimates and forecasts for budget preparation, and managing budgets.
- Providing essential support for senior managers by organizing meetings, setting up presentations, and organizing travel and accommodation.
- Recording discussions and decisions at meetings, and maintaining confidentiality.
- Receiving and distributing mail.
If you are working in an office administration or secretarial support role, you will probably already have experience of working with accounting information, provided by the finance team. So why is it important for you to learn more about this important business function?
In any organization that you work for you will find that Accounting and Finance has high status. The Chief Financial Officer is usually considered as second in command to the Chief Executive. Accounting is the process of collecting and recording hundreds of thousands of business transactions, and converting these into meaningful information to support every business activity. Accounting provides a logical framework for making efficient and profitable business decisions.
When you attend this course, Finance and Accounting for Office Administrators and Secretaries, you will learn how accounting systems work, how to read and understand company reports, and how simple accounting techniques can add value to the business. You will gain awareness of the importance of budgeting in maintaining control of costs and driving improvement. You will develop the ability to make effective contributions to financial discussions. On completion of the course you will have a valuable addition to your C.V., making you a suitable candidate for higher level roles and higher rewards in your organization.