On-site Events Coordinator (PART-TIME)
Closing Date: May 31, 2019
Working for GLOMACS means you are part of something big, something special! You will be part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver on our commitment to our event participants.
We are seeking a motivated and self-driven candidate to work as a part time on site coordinator for our London events. This position requires 100% confidentiality and discretion. An NDA will be required. This is a unique opportunity and would be ideal for anyone interested in a part time job. This position requires the successful candidate to be onsite and will involve local travel to events. Reliable transportation is required.
The On-site Events Coordinator will work with the London Events Team to facilitate the on-site execution of events. This is a part-time position.
Under the direction of GLOMACS Events Supervisor, the successful applicant will be responsible for working onsite at large-scale training events. The main duties of this position include:
- Coordinate the execution of events onsite
- Act as the main point of contact for GLOMACS during events
- Provide excellent customer service at all times to the event participants
- Act as a brand ambassador for GLOMACS; respond to participants inquiries and complaints while onsite
- Oversee event logistics such as equipment set-up, load-in/out
- Complete final checks on day of event to ensure everything meets standards
- Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
- Liaise with course administrators, course instructors and hotel venues to ensure the successful event execution
- Create comprehensive event reports to document all event details and issues
- Ensure that all applicable policies and guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure that GLOMACS course administrators approve all additional costs that may apply as a result of requested or required changes during an event
- Adhere to the meeting venue emergency escalation procedure
- Some social media support may be required
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum 1-year experience in event coordination or logistics
- Post-secondary education in event management or equivalent. Post-graduate education preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task diverse challenges at one time
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated technical competence with Word, Excel, Social Media and Outlook
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with the ability to work independently
Note: The Onsite Events Coordinator will work with the GLOMACS London Team to facilitate the onsite execution of events. This is a part-time position.
Hourly Rate: £15
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at his or her own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record.
Programmer (Web Developer)
Closing Date: Mar 31, 2019
GLOMACS is seeking a driven Full Stack Web Developer for immediate full-time hire to join our development team.
GLOMACS is a fun, fast paced environment. We collaborate. We laugh. We work hard every day. If you don’t like solving problems or being forced into lateral-thinking situations – you’ll hate working with us… But if you’re innovative, hardworking, truly love a constant challenge and rapid growth…keep reading, because this is the job for you…
As our Web Developer you will be responsible for the continual progress and build out of multiple projects.
Special Skills & Requirements
- Good knowledge and expertise in PHP
- Proficient in delivering high-quality PHP code making use of test driven methodologies and modern frameworks
- Experience of building scalable and secure platforms
- 2+ years working experience in developing websites / Portals UI
- Excellent experience creating and developing user interfaces in a web environment
- Extensive experience converting visual designs to HTML, with an acute eye for detail and design fidelity Excellent experience with HTML5, CSS3, Ajax, XML, JSON
- Experience implementing front-end components optimized for speed and cross-browser compatibility, knowledge of popular social media plugins, such as Facebook and Twitter
- Good Problem solving and debugging skills
- Must know overall Android Architecture, Lifecycle, APIs and Framework
- Experience in working with various UI elements like Action bar, Navigation, Fragments etc.
- Solid understanding of performance analysis, optimization, tuning and caching strategies
Closing Date: May 31, 2019
GLOMACS is seeking a general accountant to work within the framework of the objectives and policies established by the financial controller to complete accounting functions on an accurate and timely basis. You will be working under the general supervision of Controller or Accounting Manager
- Performs general accounting functions, accounting records, and other related duties in the daily administration of the accounting department
- Performs accounts payable and account receivable functions
- Performs cost accounting functions
- Maintains general ledger to include preparation of journal entries, coding of invoices, accounts analysis and reconciliation, closing books monthly
- Performs other duties of the same or lesser degree as required by the position or as assigned by supervisor / manager
Special Skills & Requirements
- Position contributes to the accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annually financial closings.
- Ability to work in detail and good organizational skills.
- Ensuring timely and accurate records in accordance with company accounting policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starting individual
- Requires strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task, & ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to read, analyze & interpret information
- Ability to handle business correspondences
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Strong organizational skills with ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, consistently meeting deadlines with accurate & detailed results
- Frequent internal contacts with Controller, department heads, Purchasing, and Administrative Staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance related field required
- 1 to 3 years accounting experience including knowledge of computerized accounting system and PC spreadsheets
- GCC experience a plus