Human Resource Management (HRM) addresses broad organisational issues relating to changes in structure and culture, organisational effectiveness and performance, matching resources to future requirements, the development of distinctive capabilities, knowledge management, and the management of change. It is concerned with both human capital requirements and the development of process capabilities, that is, the ability to get things done efficiently.
Today, most organisations of any reasonable size will have a specialist HR Department. HR staff are involved in many areas. Including recruitment, reward, resourcing, training, and Nationalisation. These functions are essential to the entire organisation.
The role of HR professionals is both challenging and changing. It is vital that you keep up to date with best practices and recent developments. As an HR Professional you need to understand:
- The role of HR in the modern organisation
- Working with and assisting employees
- Recruiting, rewarding, and retaining employees
- Administration & performance management
- Learning & development
Our course: Basics of Human Resources Management is an excellent course suitable for all HR Staff and especially those new to the HR Function or those who do not hold formal HR Credentials. This is the ideal course for anyone considering a role in HR or someone who has become an HR Business Partner. The course is also an excellent introduction to those considering a formal degree in HRM.
Participants on this practical and interactive course will learn about:
- Measuring and reducing absenteeism
- Training and Development & HR Planning
- HRM Ethics & Professional Conduct
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP)
- Complying with Employment Law
- Dignity-at-work, Bullying & Harassment
- Recruitment and Selection and Assessment and Development Centres
- The Use and Limitations of Aptitude Tests and Psychometrics
- Security and Confidentiality of Employee Records
- Performance Management in a multi-cultural setting
- Introduction to HR Databases and Computer Systems
- Qualifications and Professional Study needed for HRM Work
If you would like to know more about this BASICS of HRM and book your place for an upcoming session, visit our training page.
GLOMACS Training is one of the world’s leading training & development firm. By providing continuing professional training on various industry relevant topics, we help clients meet their training needs. Our expertise includes training topics on Management & Leadership, Strategy & Planning, Public Relations, Customer Service, Corporate Communication, Office Administration, Sales & Marketing, Human Resource Management, Learning & Development, Quality and Productivity, Project Management, Purchasing, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Contracts Management, Finance & Budgeting, Analytics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Engineering, Instrumentation & Process Control, Health, Safety & Environment, Root Cause Analysis, Oil & Gas Technology, Civil & Construction Engineering. Headquartered in Dubai, GLOMACS run programmes in Amsterdam, Budapest, Geneva, Istanbul, London, Liverpool, Marbella, Paris, Prague, Vienna, Boston, California, Houston, Miami, New York, Toronto, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait, Muscat, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore.
GLOMACS Trainings are designed to unlock the Potential of Real People in Real Situations. People need Emotional Investment and they also need to feel time is being invested in them & GLOMACS Training is a great way of doing that.