As of the moment, this course is currently not available on our training portfolio.
If you wish to inquire or request a run for this seminar, e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at +971 (04) 425 0700
The ability to set goals and make plans to achieve them is the single most important skill that you can develop as a manager, supervisor or team leader. Goals enable you and your team to focus on what is important. Every organisation has a strategic goal and a strategic plan to achieve them. Each business area should have a well-developed operational plan that will contribute to achieving the objectives set out in the strategic plan, and this GLOMACS Achieving Success Through Goal Setting & Planning training course will give you the methods, tools and techniques that will enable you to achieve this with confidence.
This GLOMACS training course will feature:
- Ensure your plans are consistent with the objectives of your area of responsibility
- Develop and assign objectives to people together with the required resources
- Win the support of key managers, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Manage the delivery of your plan so it achieves its overall objectives
- Evaluate the implementation of your plan and make recommendations for improvement
- Prioritise objectives and plan work to make best use of time and resources
- Develop demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others
- Understand how to create a sense of common purpose
- Determine how to balance agendas and build consensus
- Consider the impact of your own actions on others
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will be able to:
- Develop and assign SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time–bound) goals
- Analyse and manage risk - develop and plan for contingencies
- Apply the principles and methods of delegation
- Use resources effectively to achieve objectives
- Monitor and control operational plans to achieve their objectives
This GLOMACS Achieving Success Through Goal Setting & Planning training course utilises a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes an interactive mixture of specially designed lectures, group discussion, team activities and individual practice of key management skills. It provides definitions, examples, discussion points and activities designed to promote skills development with interaction and discussion among participants.
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Achieving Success Through Goal Setting & Planning training course is designed for anyone who wants or needs to learn practical management tools and techniques that will assist them in setting goals and develop plans for their area of responsibility. It is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Middle Managers
- Functional Managers
- Team Leaders
- Those who wish to develop their goal-setting and planning skills
Developing Goals Aligned with the Overall Strategy
- Understanding your Strategic Context
- How to align your area of responsibility with the strategy?
- Principles and Methods of Short to Medium-term Planning
- Developing and Setting SMART Objectives
- Involving Others
- Balancing Competing Needs and Interests
Planning to Achieve the Goals
- Analysing your Objectives
- Planning for Success
- Risk Management and Contingency Planning
- Knowing When to Innovate and When to Use Proven Approaches
- How to delegate without losing control?
- Prioritisation Tools and Techniques
Evaluating Performance and Planning to Achieve Continuous Improvement
- How to develop and use an evaluation framework?
- Evaluating Implementation
- Knowing When to Improve the Plan
- Identify Good Practice and Areas for Improvement
- Developing your Goals and Plans
- Presentations and Feedback
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.