This GLOMACS Advanced Social Media Training seminar is designed to bring you up to speed on the latest techniques that are guaranteed to improve social media activities. This will focus on understanding what will get audiences to engage with and share their social media content.
We spend lots of time practising content creation and social interaction skills in a fun and accessible way, so delegates leave confident in their own abilities and able to apply new skills the moment they return to their desks.
This GLOMACS training seminar on Advanced Social Media Training highlights:
- Using social media effectively for marketing, public relations, HR, sales and customer service
- Social media planning that meets audience needs and delivers business objectives
- Building audience relationships via social media that strengthen brand and reputation
- Creating engaging content audiences pay attention to and share with others
- Staying up-to-date with emerging topics, trends and technologies on social media
By the end of this GLOMACS training programme, participants will be able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and behaviours:
- Advising leaders on social media strategy and plans
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, et al for business
- Finding and connecting with target audiences
- Confidence in responding to audiences online to shape opinions
- Creating and optimising words and images that go viral
- Writing that grabs attention and creates conversations
- Researching online trends to stay relevant
This GLOMACS training programme on Advanced Social Media Training combines presentations that share both theory and industry best practices with practical sessions in accordance with adult learning and blended learner-centred principles.
Participants will have opportunities to put into practice the skills they develop and enhance during the course. We make the most of small and whole group exercises, videos, case studies, peer exchange, brainstorming, role plays and discussions.
Attendees will spend time working one-on-one and in small groups to resolve the challenges participants face. They will leave with new ideas and skills they can implement immediately they step back into their teams.
Participants are encouraged to reflect on and discuss their own professional issues and experiences. Overall 50% of training will be experiential and 50% will be theoretical.
Participants will return to their organisations able to both advise on social media strategy and manage campaigns that integrate effectively with other business communication activities, including:
- Advising leaders on social media options
- Platforms and strategies that are appropriate to the organisation and audiences
- Developing social media plans and campaigns that support business vision, mission and values
- Responding to audience participation and feedback on social media to strengthen loyalty
- Evaluating activities to demonstrate the value to the organisation in terms of finances, operations, reputation and customer satisfaction
Participants will hear and discuss latest social media techniques and best practices, plus have opportunities to analyse their own social media strategies and activities, including:
- Developing social media activities and campaigns that engage audiences
- Listening to conversations, tapping into key trends and topical subjects
- Defining and targeting key audiences, influencers, opinion formers and interest communities
- Finding the best angles and language to hook people and build engagement
- Uploading and publicising really engaging stories, creating conversations, driving word of mouth
- Responding to comments and feedback in a way that positively builds relationships
Who Should Attend?
Professionals who use social media for business and wish to improve their performance as well as understanding of the latest techniques.
This GLOMACS Advanced Social Media Training course is ideal for journalists and practitioners working in marketing, public relations, customer service, customer relations, HR, employee communications, media relations, community relations and public affairs.
Overview of Social Media
- The Current Social Media Landscape – What is hot and what’s not?
- How to Keep-up with continuous changes in Social Media including Emerging Technologies, Automation and Avatars
- Choosing between the Raft of Social Media Options - platforms, channels and apps
- Choosing between the Wide Variety of Tools to Create Social Media Content including blogs, slides, video, infographics, quizzes and podcasts
- Demystifying Jargon and Following Online Etiquette
- Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them
- The Place of Social Media in Customer Relationships, Customer Service, Recruitment, Employee Engagement, Public Relations and Marketing
Building an Effective Social Media Strategy
- Analysing How Your Organisation Uses Social Media to Engage - What is working and what is not working?
- Understanding Who Wants to Connect with your Organisation on Social Media - What do they want to hear and what do you want to tell them?
- Developing Social Media Objectives and Proving They Deliver Business Benefits
- Creating a Balanced Portfolio of Social Media Channels to Reach Audiences
- Scheduling Social Media Activities so They Integrate with other Corporate Activities
- Monitoring and Measuring Social Media Activities to Demonstrate They are Effective
Reaching and Influencing Audiences
- Profiling Audiences and Targeting Influencers and Opinion Formers
- Creating an Emotional Connection with Humour, Human Interest and Storytelling
- Ensuring Relevance with Breaking News, Experiences and Personal Exchanges
- Reaching-out to Passive Audiences who lurk rather than engage
- Capitalising on Employees’ Social Influence through Word of Mouth and Personal Relationships
- Helping Employees to Become Effective Social Media Ambassadors
Creating Content that is Shareable and Shared
- Understanding What Makes Grabs Attention and Hooks People In
- How to Create Conversations and Drive Word of Mouth
- Tips to Create Engaging Content Audiences Find Interesting, Relevant and Useful
- Using a Precise to Structure Content and a Calendar to Timetable Publication
- Developing Great Visual Aids, Images and Videos that Go Viral
- Messaging that Works Across Multiple Channels and Drives Traffic to Your Ultimate Destination
- Creating Content that can be Adapted for Different Media and Channels
- Writing Skills Practice including Headline Writing and Finding the Best Tone of Voice
Searching & Listening Techniques
- Using Social Media for Research
- Monitoring What Competitors are Doing on Social Media
- Tapping into Trends and Current Themes
- Listening-in and Participating-in Conversations
- Choosing the Best Keywords and Hashtags
- Writing Great Comments and Captions on Instagram, et. al.
- When and How to Respond to Comments and Feedback
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.