Big Data as a term is everywhere in every situation but the journey from vision to value is neither short nor cheap. The journey is fraught with risk and other challenges. Combined with these risks is the reality that the story is not about big data but rather the use of Big Data for decision-making insights. The use of Big Data requires high tech and high touch elements
The high tech aspects include technologies, technical software, technical professionals, and other technical / scientific elements. The high touch aspects include human decision making, human responses to the Artificial Intelligence [AI] possibilities, human responses to the automation possibilities, human responses to the machine learning possibilities, and human responses to the business and social changes to the organization and to society. In other words, BIG DATA changes everything is not just a catchy phrase.
This GLOMACS Big Data Governance training seminar shows by example how to consider the governance, management, and use of Big Data. The delegates should be interested in the realities of Big Data and recognize the transformational aspects but need not to be experts in specific tools.
This BIG DATA Governance training seminar provides an overview and synthesis of how Big Data must be governed, managed, and used in decision making.
This GLOMACS BIG DATA Governance training seminar aims to provide those involved in decision-making at all levels with the perspective needed to consider the resource allocation process for Big Data governance, management and uses. The specific objectives are as follows:
- To alert delegates to the transformational aspects of the term Big Data is not about data but rather about decision-making
- To show delegates several demonstrations of current tools and use cases
- To provide delegates with perspectives on the risks and challenges of Big Data
- To give delegates the ability to recognize that some data are Bad Data, some data are Better Data, and some data are Best Data
- To give delegates perspectives on the Big Data implementation process
- To provide a clear understanding of why Big Data cannot be avoided regardless of definition
This GLOMACS BIG DATA Governance training seminar uses an example based approach of different cases and materials requiring discussion among the delegates on their experiences and expectations.
This GLOMACS training seminar is focused on the recognition of the issues surrounding the term Big Data and applications of Big Data to decision-making.
Delegates will spend part of their time in discussions and part of their time in exploring the hands-on aspect of selected tools.
This GLOMACS BIG DATA Governance training will use some technological tools for demonstration purposes. The hands-on aspects require a rudimentary knowledge of EXCEL. Of course, advanced knowledge in EXCEL, Power Pivot, Power Map, and Power BI is helpful. Other tools will be demonstrated as well including Tableau.
Organisations that are able to understand the journey of Big Data are better able to make resource allocation decisions for Big Data projects and to make better use of Big Data in decision-making.
Organisations improve overall decision-making as a result of sending their employees on this GLOMACS training seminar, organisations can expect to benefit from:
- An understanding that the issue is bigger than Big Data
- Recognize that Bad Data may be present
- Understand the need for Better Data
- Consider the benefits / costs of moving from Bad to Better to Best Data
- Imagine the Data needed to improve decision making
- Acknowledge that the Big Data term needs the term Analytics attached
- Discover possibilities in tools and thinking for Big Data
- Provide insights in many business processes
- More emphasis on the human aspects of Big Data
- Improved comprehension of the asset labeled Big Data
Participants will each gain extensive awareness, and understanding that has direct relevance to a wide range of business issues; specifically delegates will acquire:
- New ideas regarding the governance, management, and use of Big Data
- Demonstrations of tools that stimulate ideas for use
- An understanding of how and when to seek better data or best data
- Knowledge of current governance practices
- The ability to recognize and appreciate the uses of Big Data
- Sufficient strategic knowledge to identify when Big Data resources are needed
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS BIG DATA Governance training seminar has been designed for professionals whose jobs involve decision making using any and all kinds of data. This GLOMACS training seminar involves extensive thinking about and examining issues to solve complex and ambiguous problems where Big Data may provide insights for improved decision-making.
This GLOMACS Data Management & Analytics training seminar on BIG DATA is intended for delegates who have an interest in exploring the high and high touch environment needed to move from vision to value with BIG DATA.
- Introduction to Big Data: Volume, Veracity, Velocity, Variety, and Value
- Introduction to Bad Data, Better Data, and Best Data
- Bad Data Examples, Implications, and Corrective Actions
- Better Data Examples
- Best Data Examples
- Demonstration of Power BI Compared to other Software
- Why Visualization is Paramount?
- Lessons Learned on Big Data, Bad Data, and Best Data
Big Data Use Cases
- Exploration of Possible Cases
- Finance Cases
- Marketing Cases
- Supply Chain Cases
- Human Resource Cases
- Tax Cases
- Fraud and Forensic Cases
- Social Media Cases
- Block Chain Cases
- Auditing Cases
- Brainstorming of other Cases
Big Data Governance
- Who owns the data?
- Board Roles
- Compliance Officer Roles
- CEO, CFO, CIO, and other C-suite Roles
- Government Roles including GDPR
- Best Practices in Data Governance
- Review of the Use Cases Compared to the Governance Issues
- Demonstrations as Needed
Big Data Successes and Failures
- Why the analytics mindset is the key to Big Data?
- Why cleaning the data is mandatory?
- Why understanding the question is first thing?
- Why creativity matters in a Big Data world?
- Critical Success Factors for Big Data Success
- Key Performance Indicators for Big Data Success
- Examining the Cases and Governance for Lessons Learned
- Demonstrations as Needed
Big Data Takeaways
- Big Data is more than Data
- How to avoid big data promises as a scam – make it real!
- Lessons Learned for Big Data in Your Organization
- Lessons Learned for Big Data in Your Unit
- Lessons Learned for Big Data in Your Career
- What is next?
- Machine learning? Artificial Intelligence? And?
Share this Course:
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.