We all face obstacles, resistance, and doubts as we go through our personal and professional lives. Moreover, it also seems that the bigger the goal, the more hurdles crop up along the way. Some fold under pressure, but many others don’t; they thrive in difficult conditions, and develop the resolve to “soldier on” until they achieve their goals. They leverage their opportunities while overcoming risks, random setbacks, and active opposition. This GLOMACS Building Mental Toughness Workshop provides essential tools and techniques to master your destiny, improve your resilience and motivation, and build mental toughness you need to achieve your goals.
This GLOMACS workshop will feature:
- What Resilience Is, Why it’s important, and Why we all need it
- How to Get Beyond Mere Coping and Survival, and Start Thriving
- Creating a Purpose with Objectives and Plans to Achieve It
- Specific Tools and Techniques to Identify and Manage Personal Risks and Opportunities
- Identifying and Overcoming Obstacles and Resistance (yours and others)
By the end of this GLOMACS workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop their goals and the strategies with specific plans to achieve them
- Identify and manage the risks and opportunities on their path to achievement, contentment, and satisfaction
- Create a personal support and resource system and a network of allies
- Find and promote the inner strength and resolve to overcome obstacles, setbacks, opposition, and resistance (theirs and others)
- Identify and apply selected methods to thrive in the face of rapid change, risk and uncertainty to achieve their goals, whatever these may be
This GLOMACS Building Mental Toughness Workshop will use a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented.
- Explanation of techniques, tools and concepts
- Analysis and discussion of case studies
- Scenarios and role-playing exercises between participants
- Questionnaires, exercises, worksheets, tools and techniques using participants’ actual situations
- Presentation, comparison and discussion of participants’ own personal and professional experiences
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS workshop is suitable for a wide range of people who want to achieve anything, great or small, including but not limited to:
- Executives and Managers in all types of organisations, functions, and levels
- Leaders and influencers in all areas, including government and non-profits
- Professionals in all fields of endeavor
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
- Artists, Writers, Trainers, Inventors, Scientists, and anyone else working as creators and innovators
The Big Picture
- The Nature, History, and Philosophy of Resilience
- Inner Strength: The Psychology of Resilience and Motivation
- The Basic Toolkit: Resourcefulness and Inner Strength
- Finding Purpose, Setting Goals, Creating Plans
- Mitigating and Avoiding Threats and Risks: Managing Vulnerabilities, Random Setbacks, Obstacles, Resistance, and Opposition
- Leveraging and Enhancing Opportunities: Strategy and Positioning, Strengths, Alliances, Supporters, and Multipliers
Life as Adventure
- The Circle of Life: Understanding and Appreciating Life’s Cycles and Phases
- The Hero’s Journey: Using Myth and Literature as Inspiration and Motivation
- This Day in History: Enhancing Resilience through Historical Perspective and Understanding
- Walk a Mile in Another Man’s Shoes: Seeing the World from Anothers Point of View
- Where you are, and where you want to go?
- How to be your own hero in your life’s adventure?
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates.
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance.
Share this Course: