Oil and Gas are considered among the world's most important resources. The oil and gas industry plays a critical role in driving the global economy. Petroleum itself is used for numerous products, in addition to serving as the world's primary fuel source.
The processes and systems involved in producing and distributing oil and gas are highly complex, capital-intensive and require state-of-the-art technology.
Crude Oil is almost never used as produced. It is refined to make “white” products—liquefied petroleum gas (cooking gas), gasoline, kerosene, and diesel—and residual fuel oil. Worldwide, demand for white products is growing much more rapidly than that for residual fuel oil (used to generate electricity or heat).
As the oil industry faces challenges related to climate change, alternative energies, energy substitutions and adverse changes in the quality of available downstream feedstocks, it recognizes the need for managers who have a comprehensive and broad understanding of the industry, including economics, evaluation and decision-making skills and who understand the issues that face the oil and gas industries in the future.
This GLOMACS Certificate in International Oil & Gas Business Management training course will provide a basis for functional managers and those whose experience has been limited to a particular area of the industry, to prepare for additional responsibilities by providing a broad base of knowledge covering the total spectrum of the oil and gas business and specific skills related to the evaluation of opportunities and enhanced decision-making.
- Understand all of the value-added steps from the well to the consumer
- Gain an understanding of the ways the oil and gas industries have organized to operate effectively and efficiently
- Learn the details of gas processing
- Learn how crude oil is processed into transportation fuels
- Understand the fundamental economic calculus of both the upstream and downstream oil and gas industries
- Develop the skills necessary to evaluate opportunities and make effective decisions related to oil and gas operations
This GLOMACS Certificate in International Oil & Gas Business Management training course is a hands on, stimulating learning experience. It will be highly interactive, with opportunities to advance your opinions and ideas. Participation is encouraged in a supportive environment. To ensure the concepts introduced during the training seminar are understood, they will be reinforced through a mix of learning methods, including lecture style presentation, and open discussion.
This GLOMACS Oil & Gas Technology training course will be presented with the use of PowerPoint slides and videos. This will be augmented by case studies and facilitated discussions, to engage the delegates and to encourage the exchange of ideas. Short videos will also be used to reinforce specific points and to relate the material to real-world experience.
The employer will gain:
- Assurance that the training course is delivered by a quality training organization using a very experienced instructor
- Managers who have a broad overview and understanding of the structure and operations of the Oil and Gas industries
- Employees who understand the details of Oil and Gas operations at all levels of the value chain
- Delegates who understand the fundamental economics of the oil and gas industries
- Delegates with the skills to make better decisions and contribute to the evaluation of project opportunities
- The training course will be presented with the use of PowerPoint slides and videos. This will be augmented by case studies and facilitated discussions, to engage the delegates and to encourage the exchange of ideas. Short videos will also be used to reinforce specific points and to relate the material to real-world experience
- Better understanding of the total spectrum of our industry and the challenges we face
- Ability to contribute to corporate decision-making
- Develop skills to assist in the evaluation of corporate opportunities
- Understanding of the structure of the oil and gas business
- Understanding of key process operations related to the production of downstream products
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Certification training seminar will be of interest to:
- Business Development Professionals
- Ministerial, governmental, industry bodies and development agency staff
- Oil & Gas industry analysts, planners, traders, sales, marketing, communications, public relations and commercial personnel
- Managers in functional areas of the international petroleum and natural gas industry, including the areas of marketing, law, human resources, accounting, and finance
- Refining technologists and exploration engineers seeking to understand the business side of their value chain
- New recruits to oil, gas and energy companies
- Anyone seeking a broad understanding of the oil and gas industry
Sources, Origin and Nature of Petroleum
- Introduction to Petroleum Chemistry
- Origins of Hydrocarbon Deposits
- Basic Petroleum Geology
- Exploration Activities
- Oil and Gas Field Development & Production
- Well Fluids and Surface Production Operations
Oil Companies, Corporate Relationships and Structures
- Local, National and Multi-national Oil and Gas Companies
- Integrated and Non-integrated Companies
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Companies (OPEC)
- International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Production Sharing Agreements
- Transportation and Storage Operations
Processing Operations in Oil and Gas
- Oil Refining Operations
- Product Conversion Processes
- Product Improvement & Blending Processes
- Gas Processing Operations
- Inlet Separation
- Sulfur Removal and Sulfur Recovery
- Dewpoint Control and Byproduct Recovery
- Gas Compression and LNG Production
Evaluation of Oil and Gas Opportunities
- Estimating the Cost of Oil and Gas Facilities
- Using Historical Costs
- Cost Curves
- Adjusting for Different Sizes
- Adjusting for Different Time Periods
- Building Cash Flow Models
- Using Cash Flow Models to Evaluate Projects
Processing Operations and Economics
- Basic Economics of the Oil and Gas Industries
- Benchmark Indicators
- Net Present Value
- Internal Rate of Return
- Unit Technical Cost
- Payback & Maximum Exposure
- Making Decisions under Conditions of Certainty and Uncertainty
- Risk & Uncertainty
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates.
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance.
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients