This highly-interactive GLOMACS Contractor Safety Management training seminar will provide you with all the necessary skills and talents to successfully appoint a contractor and manage them with confidence to ensure their health and safety performance will be of the highest quality.
Your organization is never more at risk than when you outsource work without validation and it is therefore essential you have all the necessary checks and balances in place to ensure this process is well managed.
Contractors must be informed, assessed and monitored in a variety of ways to ensure their performance does not have a costly negative impact on your business. It is vital the actual performance of a contractor matches their stated intentions otherwise the statements and documents provided within any completed tender are meaningless leaving your organization and its reputation at risk.
This GLOMACS Contractor Safety Management training seminar will develop your ability to critically assess your contractors at all stages of a project to ensure you receive maximum performance with minimum risk.
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- The Key Components of an Effective Contractor Management System
- The Importance of Communication, Co-operation and Coordination
- How to Positively Influence the Performance of Contractors
- How to Carry-out Meaningful and Effective Performance Monitoring
- The Visible Business Benefits
The objectives of this GLOMACS Contractor Safety Management training course is to ensure you gain the detailed information and competency for safely managing contractors. This GLOMACS training course has five key objectives for Contractor Safety Management:
- Planning and selecting contractors – practical arrangements and methods
- Establishing project interface agreements, documentation and HSE Project Plan
- Managing contractors’ compliance, with the HSE Project Plan, on day-to-day basis
- Monitoring – keeping track of contractor’s performance
- Reviewing and learning – contractor management, deciding what needs to be improved
At the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, you will learn to:
- How to Prepare projects and select contractors
- How to Define client / contractor agreements and documentation
- How to Produce a client / contractor HSE Project Plan
- How to Supervise contractors’ operations on day-to-day basis
- How to Monitor and review a contractor’s performance and implement improvements
Delegates will learn by active participation through inspiring presentation tools and interactive techniques presented in a lively, enthusiastic and interesting style. Delegates will take part in practical team exercises, typical case studies and open discussion forums, as related to their own organisation’s operational activities.
By successfully managing the performance of contractors, an organization will ensure they are effectively controlling risks and protecting their reputation and profile.
The organizational impact will be:
- Staff being able to assess and validate contractors
- Improved contractor control and performance
- Getting value for money for outsourced work
- The professional development of staff
- A reduction in incidents and losses
- An increased reputation as a health and safety leader
Training course participants will learn how to effectively assess, validate and monitor contractors using a variety of proven management techniques and interpersonal skills.
The personal impact will be:
- Understanding the key components of a contractor validation system
- Gaining skills and improving confidence in vetting contractors
- Learning how to implement a contractor management system
- Understanding and evaluating the core elements of a successful contractor management system
- Increased knowledge in evaluating contractor health and safety performance
- Understanding the benefits of successfully controlling contractors
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All Line Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Procurement and Supply Chain Managers
- Engineers and Maintenance Personnel
- HSE Managers and Auditors
- Employee Representatives
- All Personnel Involved in selecting or vetting contractors
Project Planning & Selecting Contractors
- Why use Contractors?
- Tender Invitation and Contractor Evaluation Process
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment of Project and/or Work Tasks
- Establishing Key Client / Contractor Contractual Elements
- Client Pre-Project Start HSE Meeting
Client / Contractor Interface - HSE Project Plan
- Defining, Agreeing and Documenting Client / Contractor Responsibilities
- Establishing Client / Contractor HSE Project Plan
- Establishing Scope of Client / Contractor Shared Activities
- Producing an HSE Client / Contractor Interface Matrix
- Produce Active Performance Monitoring and Audit Checklists
Managing Contractor Safety on Site
- Contractor Site Awareness, Training and Competence Arrangements
- Contractor’s Incident Reporting and Investigation Procedures
- Client / Contractor Emergency Preparedness Arrangements
- Carrying-out HSE Site Inspections of Contractor Activities – Random and Planned
- Joint Client / Contractor HSE and Project Meetings
Monitoring Contractor Performance
- Assessing Level of Supervision Needed to Oversee Contractor
- Appraisal of Project and/or Work Tasks - Are They Being Carried Out as Planned?
- Conducting Audit of Contractor’s Compliance – As Set Out In HSE Project Plan?
- Measuring and Recording of Contractor’s Overall Safety Performance
- Checking If There are any Changes In Personnel?
Contractor Review and Lessons Learned for Improvements
- Review Project Performance and/or Work Tasks Carried out by Contractor
- How Effective was the Project and/or Work Task Planning?
- How Well Did the Contractor Perform?
- How Did the Job Go Generally?
- Record The Lessons Learned and Develop Appropriate Improvements
- Key Point Summary of Course Topics
Share this Course:
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients