Projects within the Oil & Gas sector face many prominent issues at the moment and the challenge of delivering large projects in the industry has become more and more difficult. The challenges are increasingly complex, delivering innovative and technological solutions, in an environment where schedules are compressed, budgets consistently looking for cost efficiencies, where safety is crucial and every project faces a network of stakeholders concerned about its impact on the environment and communities.
"There is more to life than increasing its speed." - Mahatma Gandhi
This exciting and highly interactive 5-day GLOMACS Delivering Successful Projects within the Oil & Gas Industry training seminar provides participants with the key skills required to plan, execute, control and successfully deliver projects in the most challenging of environments. In order to assist delegates to achieve this, we make good use of industry best practice project management tools backed-up with practical instruction. This GLOMACS training seminar will also help the delegates to identify and develop solutions that will stand them in good stead in the future and to help improve the effectiveness of their project-delivery.
Key areas covered include:
- Understand the importance of clear requirements for project delivery within the Oil & Gas industry
- Understand structural and systematic aspects of project planning and execution that can be used
- Relate to best practice project management philosophies
- Comprehend how project success is measured with emphasis on time, cost, quality and scope
- Perform analytical techniques of project management using best-practice techniques
- Understand the need for the project manager to be leading and managing project teams
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- How to establish the key requirements in an Oil & Gas project
- The route to successful project integration and delivery
- The importance of leading and managing a successful project team
By the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, participants will learn to:
- Understand the importance of integrating scope, time, resources and costs into a dynamic, manageable project management plan
- Systematically define, design, and integrate end-user requirements in the project
- Identify risk sources and learn how to mitigate potential risks and deal with uncertainty
- Develop project network diagrams for CPM and PERT to identify schedule and cost risks
- Develop a project recovery plan for budget and schedule overruns
- Produce clear, concise project progress reports based on actual measurements and forecasts
Participants will receive a thorough training with the instructor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Training methodology includes an insight into industry best practice project management delivery tools and processes. This GLOMACS training seminar uses an applicable case study, and includes group discussion and critical analysis of actual projects. Prior knowledge of the fundamentals of projects is assumed, but will be covered briefly to ensure general understanding. New concepts and tools are introduced to enable delegates to progress from fundamental to more advanced project concepts.
In the current economic climate with challenges in the Oil and Gas Industry, the need to deliver projects successfully is immense. Recognising the practices that can be put into place to assist this will benefit any project management organisation deliver better ROI through positive results.
Delegates who attend this GLOMACS Delivering Successful Projects within the Oil & Gas Industry training seminar will receive competence based training, providing the basis for activities that can be delivered on their return to the workplace.
The ability to manage project activities is a core skill for anyone involved in delivering a project in such a complex environment. When carried out properly projects can be more predictable, value delivery is enhanced and client satisfaction is increased.
Developing personal competencies will enhance the way projects are planned, designed and organised. Delegates will be able to enhance their credibility within their organisation by competently coordinating relevant processes which will benefit their project delivery and ultimately their career.
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training seminar is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Programme and Project Managers
- Project Management Professionals
- Project Support Managers
- Senior Project Control Professionals with responsibility for managing project schedules and costs
- Project Lead Engineers who manage packages of work
Preparing for Project Delivery
- Understand Who the Key Stakeholders Are and How They May Impact Upon the Project
- Consider Implications of Unclear Needs and Expectations
- Understand the Project Success Criteria and How the Project will be Measured as Successful
- Define the Project Requirements
- Develop the Scope – Using product and work breakdown structures
- Utilise Relevant Techniques for Project Estimating
Project Planning - Schedule, Cost & Resources
- Develop a Network Diagram
- Developing the Precedence Network Diagram with Total and Free Float Calculations
- Develop a Gantt Chart –The Schedule Baseline
- Understand How to Estimate Project Cost Baseline
- Familiarise Yourself with Different Contract Types According to Risk Distribution
- Learn the Difference between Fixed Price & Cost-Plus Contracts
- Resource Allocation Algorithms for Resource Prioritisation
- Planning and Scheduling Limited Resources
- Options for Accelerating the Schedule and How to Deliver
Manage Risks & Resources
- Risk Management Process & Model
- Identifying Potential Risk Events Typical in an Oil & Gas Project
- Understand Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis Techniques
- Design Appropriate Risk Response Planning Strategies
- Challenges of An Oil & Gas Project Team
- Learn about Different Leadership Models
- Dynamics of Team Development & Motivation
Managing Project Changes while Maintaining Quality
- Managing Change in Projects
- Understanding the Best Practice Change Processes Used in Projects
- Tracking the Project – Using Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Managing Variable Conditions - Managing the tensions
- Learn about the Critical Chain and its Growing Popularity in the Oil & Gas Industry
- The Benefits of Utilising a Project Support Office
- Project Reviews
- Learn about Project Quality Management
- Differentiate between Quality Planning, Assurance & Control
- Understand How Quality Tools Can be Used
Staying Focused, Delivering and Closing Your Project
- Recognising the Operational Considerations that Need to be Met and Prepared For
- Learn About Project Cost and Schedule Recovery Techniques Relevant to the Oil & Gas Industry
- The Implications of Late Recovery Practices
- Project Management Reporting
- Project Handover & Closure
- Lessons Learned
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor and Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Contact Hours from Project Management Institute (PMI®), will be awarded to the delegates.
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
REP logo, PMI & PMP are registered trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients