Delivering effective public policy is one of the central functions of government but is rarely straightforward. Public officials have to reconcile competing points of view and interests, manage with limited budgets, persuade a wide range of stakeholders and ensure attention in a crowded political agenda. At the same time, stakeholders expect ever higher standards of public policy delivery.
The performance of public officials is also under closer scrutiny due to the wider availability of information and the role of social media. Developing and implementing effective policies and engagement with a wide range of stakeholders are essential skills for government officials at all levels, whether appointed or elected.
This GLOMACS training course on Developing Effective Public Policy and Policy Delivery will provide strategies and tools to enhance the development and delivery of effective public policies.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- Ethics and values of public policy
- The elements of effective policies
- The policy development process
- Effective policy delivery
- Measuring impact and success
- Stakeholder management
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will learn:
- Global trends and developments in policy development and delivery
- The importance of human rights, transparency and accountability
- How to ensure high ethical standards
- Effective strategies and tools for developing and delivering high quality policy
- How to measure impact and success
- Effective stakeholder management
This GLOMACS training seminar will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The daily workshops will be highly interactive and participative. This course will be based on interactive exercises, role play and case studies drawn from a wide range of countries and situations.
- Enhance the strategic capability of existing managers
- Develop future public sector managers
- Improve ethical standards
- Improve quality of policy development and delivery
- Enhance stakeholder management capability
- Enhance the attendee’s capability to adopt a strategic approach to policy development and delivery
- Increase awareness and understanding of global trends in public sector management
- Enhance attendee’s ability to maintain the highest ethical standards
- Enhance attendee’s ability to measure impact and success
- Enhance stakeholder management skills
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable to a wide range of government professionals who are interested in developing their strategic leadership capability:
- Senior Government Officials
- Aspiring Government Leaders
- State-owned Company Executives
- Civil Servants
- Regulatory Officials
- Officials from Public Bodies and Committees
- Non-executive Directors of Government Agencies
- Officials from Government Agencies
Introduction to Public Policy Development and Delivery
- What is public policy?
- Ethics, Values and Standards
- Human Rights
- Transparency and Accountability
- Global Trends and Developments
- Challenges Facing Effective Policy Development and Delivery
Public Policy Development
- Key Elements of Effective Public Policy
- Identifying the Need
- Judging Desired Outcomes
- Defining the Policy
- Reconciling Competing Interests
- Assessing Potential Impact
Public Policy Delivery
- Gaining Approval
- Deciding on Delivering Mechanisms
- Mapping the Delivery Process
- Maintaining Momentum
- Monitoring Delivery
Measuring Impact and Success
- What does success look like?
- Selecting Metrics
- Measurement Methodologies
- Evaluating Effectiveness
- Impact Assessment
- Who is a stakeholder?
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Engagement Strategies
- Public Consultation
- Grievance Mechanisms
Share this Course:
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.