As the companies strive to work in a paperless environment, and information is the real intellectual property of an organization they usually focus on implementing Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions which can be either successful and lead the company or organization far in front of their peers or unsuccessful and create a problem and even a pullback system for an organization.
The main difference between successful ECM projects and disasters indicate either people behavior (acceptance, training, involvement) and planning problem.
It is often the case that business users are demanding an ECM solution and just expect IT departments to implement it, without the understanding that the solution is actually not a department wise but rather company wise.
But just managing the content is not enough, the content needs to be managed in line with legal and auditing requirements, and provide for the safety and security of the enterprise data.
Therefore, managing the documents in line with the international standard is of the paramount importance.
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight the elements, principles and implementation paths for e successful ECM solution for any organization, in accordance to key ISO standards such as ISO9001, ISO15489 (Records Management) and ISO27001 (Information Security).
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM) strategy in conjunction with records management and information security
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM) architecture
- Procedures and standards including ISO15489, ISO9001 and ISO27001
- Records management business tools like electronic file plan, retention and disposal rules, security rules, archiving, confidentiality and privacy
- Link between the hardcopy and electronic documentation systems and records management systems
- Metadata creation and importance
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM) resource requirements
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and GDPR
The delegates will:
- Understand Content Management legal requirements, standards and best practice
- Create information and documentation policies, procedures and requirements
- Understand the ECM structures, architecture and team organization
- Learn how to use metadata, business classification scheme for ECM implementation
- Learn the requirements of ISO 15489 Records Management and ISO 27001 Information Security
- Recognize the requirements of GDPR in relation with ECM
- Prepare for ECM implementation in relation to content lifecycle
- Understand the use of eDiscovery
- Develop content maturity model for their enterprise
- Acquire the insight into available ECM software
- Prepare for ECM change management as well as implementation of future trends
Hands-on training rather than theoretic learning (examples based on real life cases).
Interactive training, using the video materials, and examples of ECM success stories.
The delegates will be presented with real-life cases and implementation issues, as well as the best case scenarios implemented in different industries.
The organization will acquire structured and effective method to implement ECM solutions, satisfy stakeholders and legal requirements, as well as manage to cut costs and improve their organization workflow through the proper application of ECM systems and software.
- Benefiting from clarifying and summarizing the complex information
- Train the workforce to adopt effective and concise method for retaining information
- Adopt organized and planned way of metadata creation
- Reveal the document relations and structure for general use
- Improve the comprehension of the complex document creation and retention
- Improve its operational processes, polices and work flows
- Apply ISO 15489 Records Management and ISO 27001 Information Security
- Reduce operational risks, meet compliance and regulations, reduce costs and improve overall efficiency
- Implement cost effective, efficient and sustainable ECM solutions
- Comply with the data protection laws and regulations, domestic and international (GDPR)
- Maintain or improve their public image
The personal impacts for all participants is to gain a deep and solid understanding and practical experience in application and operation of ECM systems trough:
- Learn how to organize the documents
- Develop a clear metadata creation process
- Learn the steps of implementing ECM solutions
- Learn how to protect the data
- Learn how to eliminate the personal data and comply with GDPR
- Use the modern solutions like Cloud computing and Intent-Based Networking
Who Should Attend?
This is a GLOMACS training course for all involved in data analysis, presentation and graphic design, but will be especially beneficial for:
- Document Controllers
- People Supporting Management and/or working in project teams
- Marketing Specialist
- Project Managers
- Public Relations Specialists
- Marketing Managers
- Campaign Managers
- Business Development Managers
Enterprise Content Management Project Cycle
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Definition
- ECM Cost / Benefit Analysis
- ECM Storage and Delivery
- ECM Audit
- The Need for the ECM
ECM Related Standards
- ISO 15489
- ISO 27000
- ISO 9000
- Scanning and Legal Issues
- Archiving and Retention Requirements
- Digital Signatures and Digital Rights Management
ECM Project Planning
- Developing a ECM Business Case
- ECM Project Plan
- ECM Management of Change
- Determining Tangible and Intangible ECM Benefits
- Developing a ECM Road Map
- ECM Team
ECM Content Control
- Content Management
- Document vs. Record
- Document Management
- Record Management
- Content Consistency
- Browsing and Navigation through ECM
- Viewing, Editing, Updating
- Preservation of Content
ECM Present and the Future
- Cloud Computing, Big Data, IoT and AI
- Intent Based Networking
- Compliance, Controls and Security
- Legislation, Standards and Regulation
- Business Classification Scheme and Taxonomy
Share this Course:
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.