This GLOMACS Essential Management Skills for Administrators training course has been specifically designed to help the participants understand a manager’s role and to equip them with the key skills necessary to be an excellent and inspiring manager.
Making a move into management is likely to present new challenges and responsibilities and requires an entirely new skill set. Climbing up the ladder into a management role is both exciting and daunting. Now you are also responsible for directing, developing, and managing others, so it is essential to find out how to manage effectively and with a positive impact. Being a great manager doesn't happen automatically; you need to invest time and energy to develop the necessary skills.
It is likely that you can make this move because you have been the "go to" person your boss and co-workers have always counted on. But now you need to equip yourself with the qualities of a leader. You will be required to know how to motivate and build team morale, take the initiative, solve problems, and manage performance.
This GLOMACS training course will enhance the participants’ skills by:
- Clarity on what skills and techniques are needed in a management position
- Recognising and implementing excellence in communication skills
- Understanding personal leadership styles
- Implementing performance management techniques
- Increased understanding of how to manage yourself, your behavior, and your emotions
- Building motivated and effective teams
Attendance on this GLOMACS training programme will equip delegates with the necessary skills and techniques to successfully make the move into management, or if you are already managing, it will refine those skills and help you to be more effective. It will help delegates to manage and lead teams and to personally perform to a high level.
By the end of this GLOMACS training seminar you will be able to:
- Communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Develop effective personal leadership skills
- Build effective teams and empower team members through delegation, coaching and mentoring
- Manage and understand your own stress and that of your team members
- Understand the key elements of emotional intelligence
- Sustain performance and continuous improvement
- Make better and more effective decisions
This GLOMACS Essential Management Skills for Administrators training course is stimulating, thought-provoking, and inspiring and brings learning to life. Delivery of this training course consists of a combination of interactive activities, group, and individual exercises, role plays, and discussions. These activities are supplemented by more formal presentations by the instructor.
Improving leadership and management capability is something that no organisation wishing to achieve long-term success can afford to ignore. You do not become a good manager by osmosis; you need to be willing to adapt and learn new skills. There is no question that good leadership and management can have a truly significant impact on performance, both in the immediate and longer-term.
Research into what makes organisations perform at a high level has shown that good management skills can:
- Significantly improve employee levels of engagement
- Drive an organisation’s economic prosperity and growth
- Make a significant impact on the overall public perception of an organisation
- Enable organisations to achieve better productivity and long-term business success
- Motivate ambitious staff to become excellent leaders and managers
- Sustain employee morale at a high level
The participants on this GLOMACS Essential Management Skills for Administrators training course are aware that their employers are investing in them by helping them to become better managers. This investment will help them perform better in their current role but will also ultimately empower them to become effective leaders.
The participants will gain or enhance their understanding and knowledge by the following:
- Display more confidence in their ability to motivate staff
- Successfully set realistic goals, develop strategic work plans and make effective decisions
- Solve workplace misunderstandings and cultivate effective relationships
- Display excellent communication skills
- Feel more secure and therefore have greater self-esteem
- Gain more respect and feel able to motivate their subordinates
Who Should Attend?
Anyone working in an administrative role who is ready to move into management will benefit from this course.
This GLOMACS training course is a suitable wide range of professionals but will significantly benefit:
- Team Leaders
- Personal Assistants
- Newly Appointed Managers
- Anyone who is already a manager and wants to improve their performance
- Senior Administrators who wish to enhance their effectiveness or promotional prospects
- Any employee who wishes to be more proactive, grow in their position and take on more management responsibility
Your Role as a Manager
- Self-perception, Developing Your Unique Brand
- The Qualities and Competencies of an Effective Manager
- Defining the Roles and Responsibilities of an Effective Manager
- Handling the Transition from Being Managed to be a Aanager
- Understanding Your Personal Management Styles, Strengths and Weaknesses
- Developing an Awareness of the Connection between Personality and Behaviour
Communicating with Impact, Integrity, and Clarity
- Recognising the Importance of Business Networking
- Expanding Your Impact and Influence
- Communicating with Clarity: Verbally and Non-verbally
- Responding Effectively to Different Communication Styles
- Persuasive and Effective Presentations
Managing, Inspiring and Leading Teams
- Defining the Characteristics of Effective Teams
- Understanding How Teams Develop
- Decision-making and Problem-solving Strategies
- Maintaining Team Motivation
- Building Excellent Teams
- Introduction to Performance Management
- High Impact Regular Performance Discussions
- Organising Effective Meetings
- Prioritising and Using Time Effectively
- Practical Decision-making Skills
- Conflict Management – Achieving Win-Win Solutions
Developing Emotionally Intelligent and Resilient Teams
- Managing Work-related Stress and Pressure
- Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Understanding Diversity and Reducing Unconscious Bias
- Measuring Your Performance based on Objectives, Standards, Set Responsibilities and Achieved
- Action Planning
Share this Course:
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.