To be relevant, HR needs to demonstrate that it makes a contribution at all levels. This involves ensuring that the management team is supported in their attempts to manage. At the same time HR has to ensure that employees are motivated, supported and developed. This can only be done through the management team.
The out of date approach says that HR is visible and controlling, requiring the rest of the organisation to follow policies developed within the HR function. The up to date approach is that HR facilitates and supports assisting the management team in efforts to improve productivity and commitment. HR is at the centre of change but change is handled by and through the management team. In this way, change is more effective and longer lasting.
However, this approach requires a new type of HR function with new practices and a series of new skills within the HR team. This GLOMACS Human Resources Development & Personnel Management training seminar will give you the confidence to develop a new sort of HR function; show you a new approach and help you with learning the new practices and skills.
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- Ideas for developing an HR strategy which relates to socio-economic trends
- Ways of improving employee motivation
- Methods for developing employees and improving contribution
- Ideas for reforming the relationship between HR and the rest of the organisation
- Getting the best out of the use of competencies
At the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, you will learn to:
- Understand the history and development of HR and Personnel Management practices
- Maximise the benefits from effective human resource management
- Apply the key HR and HRD strategies for improving organisational success
- Work effectively with the line management team
- Develop a response to the key issues surrounding HR e.g., career development, effective succession planning, making a success of performance management, etc.
The training methodology used is designed to encourage maximum participation by all delegates. The presenter will suggest ideas and theories to the delegates and then encourage them to test out the ideas by the use of discussion, small group work, exercises and feedback. Each day of the training will end by delegates completing their own record of what has been learned on the day and considering how the ideas might be transferred back to the workplace.
- The training seminar is a mixture of theory and practice
- Explanations are provided of the main theories surrounding the development of effective HR
- The theories are then put into practice by the use of practical exercises
The purpose of this GLOMACS Human Resources Development & Personnel Management training seminar from an organisations point of view is to constructively challenge to the organisation’s approach to Human Resource Development and Personnel Management. As a result, an organisation which applies these ideas will experience:
- Lower staff turnover
- More effectiveness in selection and assessment
- Greater motivation
- More commitment from the workforce
- More effective identification and development of poor performers
- Better value for money from the Human Resource function
As a result of attending this GLOMACS training seminar, delegates will be equipped to develop effective people management practices. They will:
- Know how to critically evaluate current HR practices
- Be able to introduce an effective recruitment process
- Understand how to get people to work more effectively
- Understand how to help individuals and teams learn
- Be able to identify, plan and evaluate training interventions
- Know how to create an effective structure within HR
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training seminar is designed for:
- HR practitioners and line-professionals with development or personnel responsibilities
- People in HR, Personnel or Training and Development role
- Professionals with an interest in people management and development would also benefit
Introduction to HRM, HRD and HRP
- Seminar Introduction and Objectives
- The Context for HR
- Change Management
- Human Resource Management vs. Personnel Management
- Human Resource Development (HRD)
- Human Resource Planning (HRP)
- Strategic HRM – The New HR Strategic Model
Resourcing & Recruitment
- The Employment Psychological Contract
- Why do good people leave?
- The Process Approach to Interviewing
- Induction, Job Descriptions and References
- Personality Questionnaires and Forms of Testing
- Methods of Detecting When Applicants Don’t Tell The Truth
- The New Recruitment Process to Avoid Litigation
- Understanding Competencies and Competency based Assessment
Pay & Employee Reward
- Employee Motivation
- Salary, Bonuses & Benefits
- Competency and Performance Based Pay
- Different Structures – different pay and rewards
- Total Pay Concept
- Salary Surveys
Training Learning & Development
- Career Management
- Personal Development
- How Flat Organisational Structures and Empowered Teams Affect Training and Development
- Self Development
- 360° Feedback as a Development Tool
Value for Money from HR
- The New HR Structure
- New Roles within HR
- HR Business Partners
- Value of Trend Analysis and HRP
- Internal and External Frameworks
- Proving ROI on HR Activities
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor and Re-Certification credits from HR Certification Institute (HRCI), will be awarded to the delegates.
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.