ISO 28000 specifies the requirements for a security management system, including critical aspects to ensure supply chain security. Security management is linked to many other aspects of business management. These aspects include all organization-controlled activities that affect or influence supply chain security.
These aspects must be clearly considered, where and when they influence security management, including the transport of goods along the supply chain.
ISO 28000 is applicable to organizations of all sizes, from small businesses to multinationals, who want production or supply chain security at every stage during the manufacture, maintenance, storage or transport of goods.
This GLOMACS training course on Understanding ISO 28000 - Supply Chain Security and C-TPAT Requirements has been designed to introduce you to the U.S. Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) program, the history of the C-TPAT program and how it benefits an organization’s standing in the international trade arena.
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- Self-analysis of the measures in place at your business
- Study of the security manual to be written
- Policy statement, vision and corporate mission
- Description of facilities
- Emergency measures
- Physical security
- Security procedures
- Staff safety
- Procedures related to business partners (suppliers and others)
- Corporate code of conduct
- Training and awareness
- Access control policy
- Documents policy
- Sample documents
- Discussion of case studies and solution templates
During each of these days, this GLOMACS training course will cover the relevant parts of the C-TPAT Training and learn about an organization’s security processes, how to identify corrective actions and establish improvement plans to address weaknesses.
We also cover a customer’s compliance with C-TPAT and when periodic auditing of their commercial processes is due. This extends to the compliance of security systems and procedures of prospective, or contracted, third party suppliers, manufacturers, freight forwarders and similar service providers. With this knowledge you can accurately assess the customer’s security requirements, based on a risk assessment of the entire supply chain.
This GLOMACS Understanding ISO 28000 training seminar is an introduction for anyone involved in the development, implementation and management of a C-TPAT program.
At the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will have a good understanding of:
- Recognizing the prevention methodologies based on the Standards of TAPA (Transported Asset Protection Association) & C-TPAT (Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism)
- The benefits of implementing Supply Chain Security Risk Management Plan, absorbing the requirements laid out in ISO 28000 (Supply Chain Security Management) & ISO 31000 (Risk Management)
- Identifying the change of trend in warehousing, transportation, and logistics Security Management
- Identifying proactive approaches on Supply Chain Security Management – Compliance Program
- Addressing the challenges of balancing security needs and economic efficiency
- Developing an effective Risk Management Plan for Supply Chain Security
Participants to this GLOMACS training seminar will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the instructor utilizing a variety of proven adult learning, teaching and facilitation techniques. Seminar methodology includesa:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concept
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self-Questionnaires
- Group Work
This GLOMACS training course will combine presentations with instructor-guided interactive discussions between participants relating to their individual interests. Practical exercises, video material and case studies aiming at stimulating these discussions and providing maximum benefit to the participants will support the formal presentation sessions.
With so many different certifications doing the rounds in our competitive world, one must research well about the different possibilities that would match their business needs. If your business is one that revolves around the functionality of a supply chain, you would be better off having the right security in place to ensure it is protected.
These standards are from a strong supply chain security management system and hold many processes and procedures to keep your supply chain secure.
While many people may know that ISO 28000 certification may be the need of the hour, it should also be stated that they host massive benefits to your business. Here are a few benefits of ISO 28000 certification:
- Reliability: Your Company would get the exact sense of reliability from any customer. The simple reason being that your company is focused towards delivering quality service and products at every time. This would mean that you would have the best reputation in the market simply because of the reliability factor
- Sell easily: ISO 28000 certification would reduce the number of clients you lose and also help you grow on businesses. You would be able to market the product extremely easily using the quality standards you adhere to. Retention of clientele is an important task for any company and this certification would help you achieve that
- Improve profitability: You would be able to reduce points of losses and increase on the efficiency of the overall system. The entire supply chain would be visible with its possible threat points. Thus, it would be extremely easy for you to change an attribute that is not performing well
- Increased job satisfaction
- Increased skills for security and the supply chain
- Improved knowledge
- Improved sense of well-being
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Security & Loss Prevention Personnel
- Logistics and Warehouse Management Personnel
- Supply Chain Service Providers
- Executive Management
- Senior Managers
- Head of Departments
Introduction to Supply Chain Security Requirements
Comparison of two programs to the security sections of your business:
- Self-analysis of the Measures in Place at Your Business
- Study of the Security Manual to be Written
- Policy Statement, Vision and Corporate Mission
- Description of Facilities
- Emergency Measures
- Physical Security
- Security Procedures
- Staff Safety
- Procedures related to Business Partners (suppliers and others)
- Corporate Code of Conduct
- Training and Awareness
Roles and Responsibilities
- Access Control Policy
- Documents Policy
- Sample Documents
- Discussion of Cases Studies and Solution Templates
- Study the Features of the ISO 28000 Standard
- Flowchart of the Security Chain Process
- Flowchart of the Company’s Internal Security Processes
- Methodology for Measuring Security Risks and Developing Counter-measures
- Methodology for Measuring Security Risks and Developing Counter-measures
- Table of Supply Chain Risk Scenarios
- Classification of Consequences
- The Incident Risk Evaluation Chart
- C-TPAT Awareness Training: About C-TPAT Program
- Explanation on the Certification Requirement (reference: SGS CTPAT audit checklist)
- On-Site System Review
- C-TPAT Audit Requirement Training (Documentation & Hardware Facility Requirement)
Procedures and Personnel Training
- Procedural Security (On-site)
- Personnel Security
- Educational and Awareness Training Requirements
- Documents & Records Control and On-Site Hardware Facility Coaching
- C-TPAT Gap Analysis Assessment: Documentation Review and Records Checking
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates.
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance.
Share this Course: