Leadership is the art of influencing others to accomplish a mission or achieve objectives. This apparently simple definition hints at the subtle psychological motivations of people. Why do they follow? What are their reasons and interests in doing so? How can these be discovered and highlighted? Why and how do they subsume personal objectives under their leader’s? What are the common values and principles to rally others to your goals and mission? This GLOMACS Leading from the Inside Out Workshop is for anyone who must influence and inspire others to forge common goals, purposes, and values through the skills of “inside out” leadership.
This GLOMACS workshop will feature:
- Why and how true leadership depends on intrinsic motivation and inherent satisfaction
- Why and how “Inside Out” leadership beats the carrot and stick approach
- What people want from their leaders and work
- How to help followers grow and develop over time
- How to increase your own intrinsic motivation and satisfaction by practising “Inside Out” leadership
By the end of this GLOMACS workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand and apply the key skills for leading “from the inside out”
- Develop and inspire intrinsic motivation in their followers
- Foster and enhance their inherent work satisfaction
- Assess and improve their own capacity for leading “from the inside out”
- Building an “inside out” leadership organisation
This GLOMACS Leading from the Inside Out Workshop will use a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented.
- Explanation of techniques, tools and concepts
- Analysis and discussion of case studies
- Scenarios and role-playing between participants
- Questionnaires, exercises, worksheets, tools and techniques using participants’ actual situations
- Presentation, comparison and discussion of participants’ own personal and professional experiences
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS workshop is suitable for a wide range of professionals who lead and influence followers, colleagues, business partners, and others, including but not limited to:
- Top-level Executives
- Mid-level Managers
- Front-line Supervisors
- Professionals managing and influencing Researchers, Educators, Innovators, etc.
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
How to Lead from the Inside Out
- Push vs. Pull: The Power of Inspiration and Influence
- Understanding the “Inside Out” Leadership Philosophy: Values and Principles
- Intrinsic Motivation: What it is and how it contributes to “Inside Out” Leadership
- Inherent Satisfaction: The Pleasure and Satisfaction of Work Well Done
- Extrinsic Motivation: The Limited Usefulness and Impact of Carrot and Stick Methods
- Becoming an “inside out” Leader Quickly and Effectively
Implementing “Inside Out” Leadership in Your Organisation
- How Leaders Grow and Develop through Time and Experience?
- The Stages of Leadership Development
- The Engines of Growth: Self-knowledge, Awareness, Confidence, Humility
- Influencing the Influencers, Motivating the Motivators: How to Lead Leaders
- Coaching and Mentoring: Using Tough Love to Develop Leaders
- Creating the Next Generation of Leaders
Share this Course: