This fast-paced GLOMACS Management Masterclass training seminar provides an opportunity to stand back from the day-to-day pressures of managerial life and consider how best to cope with and thrive in an ever complex and changing future. Rather than covering all areas of management, the seminar focuses on those topics that many Management Professionals could benefit from in terms of their impact on their stakeholders and their careers.
This Management Masterclass training seminar program will provide participants with a holistic view of their wider organizational and strategic context and give them the tools to have a meaningful impact on their organization’s effectiveness.
The highlights of this training seminar are:
- How to analyse the external and internal forces at work in an organization?
- How to develop and communicate a compelling strategic vision?
- How to measure and manage performance?
- How to build value-added change into the daily management activities?
- How to become an initiator of change rather than playing constant catch-up?
- How to develop a high-performance team?
By the end of this training seminar, you will be able to:
- Become an agent for value-added change
- Coach individuals and teams to achieve extraordinary goals
- Select appropriate methods for measuring and managing performance
- Be in tune with the team's effectiveness and be able to turn morale around if and when necessary
- Facilitate problem-solving groups that will deliver results on time and on budget
- Develop employees to take more responsibility
- Learn to use best-practiced strategies for influencing and motivating others
This Management Masterclass training seminar will be fast-paced interactive and fun! The learning process will employ state-of-the-art adult learning techniques that enable people to learn by listening, seeing, discussion and hands-on practice – all within a relaxed and enjoyable environment
World-class management practices will be shared to see how they can be applied in participant’s organizations. Participants will also be given time to share their ideas in open sessions as well as in small group settings. They will be constantly busy and engaged in hands-on exercises, case discussions, and simulations that are customized to fit the reality of their working world.
Participants will go back to work with an action plan that they can put into practice right away.
In sending delegates to this training seminar, the organization will gain the following benefits:
- Have a clear understanding of management essentials
- Be better able to coach and improve productivity
- Better understand their own strengths and weaknesses
- Be more confident to take bold decisions
- Have a better knowledge of dealing upwards in an organization
- Return with renewed energy and passion for managing their team
In attending this training seminar, delegates will be able to:
- Reflect on their own management style and identify areas for improvement
- Learn how to influence those who are confronting positive change
- Learn how to deal with difficult employees of all stripes
- Learn to power your team to higher performance
- Learn how to manage upwards as well as within your team
- Learn how to motivate and create a culture of responsibility
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training seminar on The Competent Manager is designed for the following:
- Functional Specialists who wish to prepare themselves for general management roles
- Existing Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Management Staff, wishing to gain a rounded view of best management practices
- Middle-Senior Management Professionals wishing to update themselves on latest practices across a range of management topics
The Manager as a Strategist
- The purpose of organizations
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Motivation and the importance of context
- The challenge of thriving in a VUCA world
- More change is Coming and it’s Much Bigger and More impactful than you Think!
- Strategic performance drivers
- The physiology and biology of leadership
- Strategy vs. Values: The greatest impact on performance
The Manager as a Coach
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring compared
- Diagnosis and evaluation of personal leadership styles
- Delegation, empowerment and the importance of trust
- Coaching case study: Understanding the goals
- The Impact of Relationships on Trust
- Impacting Performance by raising Expectations
- Effective Coaching Meetings
- Knowing what role to pay: sounding board, facilitator or advisor
The Manager as Team Leader
- Teamwork Best Practices
- Creating a High-Performance Team
- Empowerment and its Link to Performance
- Team Decision Making: When and How to Achieve a Consensus
- Performance Measurement
- The 4 Stages of Team Development
- Team-Building Techniques
- Recognition and Reward
The Manager as the Project Team Facilitator
- Elements of successful projects
- People dynamics in a project team as compared to a permanent team
- Meetings: The #1 Time Waster
- Reducing Meeting Times by 50% and more
- The Role of the Facilitator
- The 5 Types of Meetings
- Creating an Agenda that Focuses on Process and Content
- Dealing with Dysfunctional Meeting Behaviors
- Encouraging Creativity and Innovation
- Ensuring Accountability for Value Added Outcomes
The Manager as Change Agent
- The Challenge of Personal Change
- Six Typical Reaction to Change
- The Attributes of Effective Change Agents
- Influencing Upward
- Knowing Your Power and Leveraging it
- The Importance of Humility and other Emotional Intelligence Skills
- Knowing how to be Assertive without Appearing Aggressive
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.