Oil and Gas Risk and Security is all about people, plant, equipment, and procedures. Even with the best intentions these can and will often have gaps and weaknesses that may not always been seen from within the organisation. Oil & Gas control systems used to control the transport and storage of petroleum products deserve the highest level of protection from SCADA security and control system security threats. Occupational safety, environmental safety and public safety priorities demand reliable and trustworthy industrial control systems to facilitate human oversight of complex physical processes. Security threats from the most commonplace malware to today’s pervasive targeted attacks of all persuasions must all be addressed and mitigated.
This GLOMACS Managing Security Risks in the Oil and Gas Industry training course will identify that threats are not always from the traditional ‘front gate’ approach, a joined-up Security Policy should therefore also cover Corporate, Criminal, Civil Unrest, Cyber as well as Terrorism from Internal and/or External threats. The biggest threat could be the one you were not expecting!
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- How the Security professional can achieve a consistent level of best practice across a wide range of risks?
- How to improve the professionalism of the pro-active security team?
- Security risk assessment, quantification and mitigation
- Key- asset identification and vulnerability assessment
- How to gain executive support to implement multi-disciplined security projects?
This GLOMACS Managing Security Risks in the Oil and Gas Industry training course is structured to equip delegates with the specialist security knowledge to perform their management and supervisory duties to international standards in both security planning and asset protection. At the end of the training seminar, delegates will be able to:
- Understand Security Management practice and how to apply these principles
- Learn how to plan and effectively implement security projects
- Analyse a suitable cyber protection programme to protect Oil & Gas intellectual property
- How to improve the professionalism and reputation of the Security team?
- Understand how to mitigate the full range of risks facing the Oil & Gas industry
The delegates will be involved in the latest trends in training seminar presentations. The classroom presentations are made up of interactive practical exercises, supported by audio visual material and case studies. Delegates will be expected to participate actively in relating the principles of managing security risks specific to your industry. The training manual will be provided incorporating all of the presentations, handouts and checklists that can be put to immediate use on return to the company.
Delegates attending this GLOMACS Managing Security Risks in the Oil and Gas Industry training seminar will gain an understanding of the strong business reasons why organisations should effectively manage and plan to protect their human and physical resources. This will lead to improvements in their organisation's professional reputation, standard operating procedures and the ability to continue to function effectively and successfully in the face of today's threats.
Delegates attending this GLOMACS Managing Security Risks in the Oil and Gas Industry training seminar will gain an improved personal knowledge of threats and risks to their organisation, they will learn skills to combat these threats and put into place standards, plans and strategies which if successfully implemented will increase their professional reputation and improve their ability to deal with serious security issues.
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Managing Security Risks in the Oil and Gas Industry training course is structured to equip attending delegates with the specialist security knowledge to perform their management and supervisory duties to international standards in Oil & Gas Security Management, Planning and Asset protection. All those who have responsibility for security or are included in security response plans should therefore attend.
- Security Supervisors / Managers
- Facility Supervisors / Managers
- HSSE Personnel
- Fire Department Personnel
- HR and Administrative supervisors responsible for security
Understanding the Professional Issues of Security Management
- Introduction to Security Risks in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Consider the Full Range of Risks - Local, National, International
- The Management of those Risks
- Management Policies and Regulations
- International Professional Standards
The Importance of Security Planning
- Understanding Loss
- Legal Obligations - Local, National, International
- Loss of Reputation
- Crime Management and Prevention
- Principles of Emergency Response and Recovery
- Incident Response
- Who does what? – Who goes where? – Who calls who?
- On-Scene Management
- Case Studies
Threats to Assets – Security Audits
- Key Asset / Point Identification
- Clearances – Forms
- International Visits
- Contactors and Sub-Contractors
- Classification of Documents - Policy
- Information, Cyber & Computer Security
- Clear Desk Policy
- Workstation / Laptop Security
- Data Retention
- Identity Theft
- Fire Fighting
- Evacuation Planning
- Security Survey – Syndicate Workshop
Principles of Asset Protection
- Physical Security
- Perimeter Security - Zones
- Access Control
- Surveillance Patrols
- Investigations / Interviewing
- Special Risks
- Crowd Control
- Bomb Warnings
- Search Techniques
- Explosive’s Recognition
- Anti and Counter Surveillance
- Firearms and Weapons
Implementing Programmes – What should be in Place?
- Crisis Management Procedures
- Business Continuity Procedures
- Mutual Aid
- Communication Strategies
- Emergency Communication / Control Centres
- Communication Skills - Verbal, Phone and Radio
- Social Media and Public Relations
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients