This dynamic GLOMACS training seminar in Planning, Suppliers Selection, Negotiation & Contract Award has been designed for medium to large local or multinational organizations that aspire to be aligned with the most updated and fit-for-purpose best practice in managing the procurement process. This GLOMACS training seminar will equip the less experienced participants with the practical skills from planning, suppliers selection, to contract award via numerous real case studies and interactive exercises with real-time feedbacks. Participants with more knowledge will appreciate, compare, challenge and digest the latest best practice from top companies in the world so that they will return to their organizations with new and practical ideas to add both the tangible and intangible values to their organizations. By adopting best practices in contract strategy, participants will learn about how to develop a tender strategy that will ensure the “best fit” suppliers are selected to offer the most sustainable and valuable deal to their organizations.
Managing the procurement process is NOT ONLY the business of contracts and procurement departments. Who are also key players in the procurement process? Why do some rigorously selected suppliers fail in performance after the contract award? What are the responsibilities of the clients in the successful or unsuccessful deliverables of suppliers? When there is a dispute between clients and suppliers, how to handle it? Is it even better to minimize or prevent disagreement at all? What are the often missing soft skills in managing the procurement process?
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- Exploring, understanding and collecting the actual needs of the organization at the right time
- Identifying, Understanding, communicating and managing stakeholders
- Formulating a robust contracting strategy
- Analysing risks and determine mitigation actions in the procurement process
- Developing a fit-for-purpose evaluation process, criteria, governance
- Managing the Performance of the Selected Suppliers
- Enhancing the conflict management and negotiation skills of procurement professionals
At the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, you will learn to:
- Position procurement as a valued and trusted function
- Understand why projects fail and the reasons for failure
- Analyse the difference between the Needs and Wants of the end-user
- Apply powerful interpersonal techniques to improve communication with stakeholders
- Determine the various risk in the procurement process
- Implement a dynamic and ethical evaluation criteria
- Understand the importance of Ethics in the Tender Process
- Improve the negotiation skills and strategy to create a win-win result
This is a highly interactive and action-packed GLOMACS training seminar in Planning, Suppliers Selection, Negotiation & Contract Award, where the participants will be armed with comprehensive toolsets that they can apply to different scenarios in their jobs.
Participants will increase their competencies through a variety of instructional methods, individual and team exercises, group discussions and specific team assignments covering the main topics presented in the training seminar.
- Company bottom line will improve as procurement will help budget owners make better commercial decisions fully understanding Total Cost of Ownership and trade-off companies will deliver more on-time, on-budget, on-quality projects
- Reputation and attractiveness of companies as customers will improve
- Procurement will add strategic and commercial values well beyond value as a governing and admin department
- Organizational design ideas for procurement
- Upgraded organizational competence in the E2E procurement process
- Career advancement
- Increased market value with the latest marketable skills
- Negotiation and conflict management skills can be applied at work and off work
- Stakeholders management skills can be used in external, internal and personal settings
- Cross-learning from other participants and instructor’s experience at the shortest time
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Contracts, Contract Administration Professionals
- Tendering, Purchasing, Project Management Professionals
- Engineering, Operational, Finance, and Maintenance Professionals
But will also suit to a variety of individuals who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of tenders, specifications, awards, and contracts that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services and who are in organizations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in these activities.
Procurement Organization & E2E Process
- Procurement Organizational Design
- Procurement Cost Efficiency Benchmarking
- The E2E Procurement Framework
- Fit-For-Purpose Procurement for Different Categories
- Supply Chain Cost Modelling
- Finance for Non-finance Managers
- Introducing the Case Study
- Critical Elements in a Contracting Strategy
- When to Apply Contract Remuneration Types
- Identify and Mitigate Procurement Risks
- Develop a Contracting Strategy
- Company’s View
- Suppliers’ View
- Supply Market Analysis (SWOT Analysis)
- Competitive Bidding Process and Documentation
Communication, Negotiation, Conflict Management Skills
- Influencing Skills
- Conflict Management Methodology
- Conflict Management Role Play
- Negotiation Methodology
- Teams Prepare for Deals Negotiation based on Case Study
- Teams Negotiate on Deals
Managing the Contract Post Award and Performance Management
- Contract Terms & Conditions
- Initiate Contract Start-up
- Contract Performance Management
- Contract Management Plan
- Contract Close-out
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor and Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Contact Hours from Project Management Institute (PMI®), will be awarded to the delegates.
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
REP logo, PMI & PMP are registered trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.