Outstanding leadership and team performance are essential in today's dynamic, volatile and competitive global market. However, it’s getting harder to achieve these because of (a) the increasing rate of change in the business and political world, (b) the very different needs of the multiple age groups present in today’s workforce and (c) the rising number, because of automation, of highly specialised knowledge-based workers. All of these make it a challenge to manage, engage, motivate and obtain the discretionary effort from today’s employees. As a result, the largely un-trained ‘natural’ or ‘default’ leadership style used by most leaders today needs to be replaced by something much more effective.
What is required is ‘Next Generation’ Leadership, i.e. leadership for the largest generation of workers now in the workplace (Generation Y, born 1985 – 2005) as well as a new situational approach to leadership. Next Generation leaders are able to lead themselves and others effectively by assessing the needs of a situation, selecting the most appropriate leadership approach and then use powerful new insights into employee thinking, behaviour and motivation.
This GLOMACS Next Generation Leadership training programme comprehensively addresses these needs and is based upon the next generation of leadership-development tools – the Lumina Spark – that supports individuals, teams and organisations to work more effectively and improve the bottom line. After completing the Lumina Spark questionnaire, delegates will benefit from four profile reports combined into one: Their Colour Energies, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) preference, a Team Composition Portrait and an in-depth personality report. By applying the Lumina Spark model, delegates unlock their own and their staff’s hidden strengths with multiple business benefits. The Lumina Spark report also links with a smartphone app that will help delegates to prepare for important discussions with or proposals to others.
On this solid foundation, this GLOMACS Next Generation Leadership training course then covers powerful and exciting ways to enhance personal and team performance, job satisfaction, leading and coaching within the team and how to achieve continuous individual and team learning.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight for you and your staff:
- The five leadership approaches that are required in today’s organisations
- Your own and other’s personality preferences
- The kind of team you are all part of, how you fit in and your own unique contributions
- Ways to communicate and influence effectively within your team
- Proven strategies to enhance your staff’s personal performance and job satisfaction
- How to be even more emotionally intelligent, innovative and outcome-oriented
- Using feedback and technology to enable continuous individual and team learning
This GLOMACS training course is designed to help you and your team:
- Appreciate when they should be assuming the leadership role in team tasks (even though they are not the formal team leader)
- Understand how their personality preferences impact others
- Develop their interpersonal, Emotional Intelligence (EI) and political skills
- Optimize performance, trust and collaboration within their team
- Enhance their personal effectiveness and job-satisfaction
- Welcome feedback and embrace continuous learning
This GLOMACS Management & Leadership training course on Next Generation Leadership will use a range of approaches to learning, including experiential group activities, individual exercises, mini-case studies, role plays and syndicate discussions. Graphical materials and stimulating explanations will be used to introduce underlying models.
A key part of the learning process is sharing the different experiences participants bring, as well as experimenting with novel – and sometimes challenging – techniques. An internationally-developed personality questionnaire will be used to generate a comprehensive personality profile that will contribute to them understanding their preferences, personal style, different personas they display and their unique contribution to the team.
The organisation will benefit from:
- A dispersal of effective leadership to all levels and all staff
- Greater team performance and commitment
- Improved communication, openness and level of trust
- Enhanced creativity, innovation and discretionary effort
- Constructive resolution of conflicts and challenges
- Higher levels of organizational productivity
Participants will be exposed to a range of different approaches to understand themselves and master a range of techniques to maximize their performance in satisfying and easy to apply ways. They will also acquire methods to enter powerful and confident states at will and also ways to manage any potentially career-damaging negative emotional displays in the moment. These skills and insights can be used in many different areas of their professional and personal lives and will make them considerably more valuable in today’s highly competitive job market.
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Next Generation Leadership training seminar will benefit professionals from any specialisation in the organisation but will greatly benefit:
- Team Leaders
- Supervisors together with their teams
- Junior / Middle Managers new to their role
Understanding Yourself and Others
- Better Understanding Your Own and Other's Behaviour and Thinking
- Considering Different Models of Personality
- Understanding the Four Archetypal Colour Energies and Their Contributing Qualities
- Recognising Your Three Personas, Strengths and Development Areas
- Appreciating and Utilizing Diversity in the Workplace
- Identifying Your Own and Others' 'hot buttons' or Motivators
Enhancing your Leadership Effectiveness
- Acting with Intentionality and Purpose
- Appreciating and Displaying a Transformational Leadership Style
- Matching Your Manager's Needs with your Outcomes
- Enhancing your Self-confidence and Personal Power
- Using Personality Insights to Influence Others Better
- Displaying Emotional Intelligence (EI) Skills
Understanding Team Development and Functioning
- Understanding the Development of Teams
- Considering the Five Types of Teams Found in Today’s Organisations
- Appreciating the Key Team Roles and Your Unique Contribution
- Assessing the Development Stage of a Team
- Understanding the Four Team Leadership Styles
- Recognising the 7 Negative Neurological Triggers
Enhancing Team Effectiveness
- Optimizing Communication within the Team
- Adopting a Highly Effective Meeting Framework
- Role-modelling, Inspiring and Motivating your Staff
- Stimulating Employee Performance and Challenging their Negative Beliefs and Assumptions
- Coaching your Staff and Acknowledging and Celebrating their Successes
- Developing your Political Awareness and Skills
Enabling Continuous Individual and Team Learning
- Monitoring your Team's Performance and Morale
- Providing Non-threatening and Up-building Feedback to your Staff
- Using 360° Feedback to Support Personal and Group L&D
- Facilitating the Design of Personal Development Plans
- Using Technology to Encourage Collaboration and Commitment
- Scheduling Regular and Inspiring Audit Meetings
Share this Course:
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients