Many improvement initiatives fail due to a fragmented approach to the alignment and execution of practitioner activities. Operational Excellence (OPEX) supports the drive for sustainable profitability and growth within your organisation by adopting a holistic approach to improvement.
Studies within the Oil and Gas Industry have reported that world class operators enjoy a range of benefits including higher facility reliability, lower maintenance costs, reduced safety incidents and an increase in utilisation of staff on value adding activities.
This GLOMACS Operational Excellence training course in the Oil & Gas Industry will equip you with the knowledge, skills and behavioural competencies required to support an Operational Excellence programme and contribute significantly to the bottom line of your organisation, reducing variation, defects, cycle times, lead times, waste and costs within your operations.
This GLOMACS training course will cover:
- OPEX Model and Application in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Industry
- The importance, benefits and necessity for OPEX practices
- Problem solving tools and techniques
- Tools and techniques for process excellence
- Success factors that drive sustainable performance
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will be able to:
- Prioritise and link improvement activities to achieve the organisation’s strategic objectives
- Manage operational performance using balanced measures and targets
- Engage stakeholders to collectively remove waste and optimise the whole ‘Value Stream’
- Select the appropriate methods and tools within the improvement framework
- Influence organisational culture and manage changes to support practices in OPEX
This GLOMACS Operational Excellence training seminar is based on a combination of:
- Facilitator-led interactive sessions
- Practical application of techniques through individual and group activities, and
- Discussion and reflection of delegates’ real-life experiences
The course manual provides a guide to all tools and methods covered for future reference.
Organisations will benefit from participants adopting holistic thinking, avoiding the sub-optimisation that can result from fragmented improvement activity.
- Aligning improvements to strategic imperatives
- Engaging all stakeholders in the improvement efforts
- Reducing defects and waste across the whole value stream
- Improving the effectiveness of key resources
- Increasing customer satisfaction
- Promoting organisational learning and engagement
Individuals will benefit by being able to apply the thinking and techniques to identify, evaluate and improve issues affecting them in the workplace.
- Developing their own professional skills and critical thinking
- Solving problems using structured, disciplined methods
- Making data driven business decisions
- Engaging more effectively with colleagues during team-based problem solving
- Learning key terms in the language of business improvement
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Operational Excellence training course is appropriate for everyone in the organization from the C-level executives down to personnel in the day-to-day operations. It will develop impactful managerial skills that are vital in achieving and sustaining operational performance improvement.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Business Analysts
- Operations Management Personnel
- Field Supervisors
- Operational Excellence (OPEX) Model
- Vision, Mission & Purpose
- Strategy Mapping
- Aligning of OPEX in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals Industry
- Catchball Concept in Ideas Discussion and Ownership Transfer
- Hoshin Planning
- Process Management
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Balanced Scorecard (BSC)
- Management Reviews
- Development of Relevant Oil & Gas Performance Measures
- Risk Management
- Six Sigma Methodology – Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve & Control (DMAIC)
- Lean Management
- 8D Problem Solving Methodologies
- Tools & Techniques for Problem Solving
Tracking & Monitoring
- Level of Objective Hierarchy
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Control Charts for Attributes & Variables
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Values & Culture
- Organizational Design
- Managing Change
- Facilitation Skills
- Coaching Skills
Share this Course:
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients