In a world where we are all connected, we are still somehow disconnected.
This GLOMACS Personal Effectiveness & Influencing Skills training course explores the science and practical application of influencing others drawing from the work of many experts. S. Covey, in his book, the 7 habits of highly successful people suggest that to be understood, you need to understand. It is the spirit of this contention that has influenced the development of this training course.
An essential component to Influencing the thoughts and actions of others is directly related to the quality of the relationships you have with others. You will always be at least half of the equation in any interaction with another person. Therefore, equipping yourself with the knowledge and skills to influence others is an essential part of any business professional’s toolkit. Look no further than this inspirational programme.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- Building strong relationships in the workplace
- The value of using the Influence Model
- Influencing others in decision making
- Where flexibility and negotiation can achieve successful outcomes
- Delivering a Presentation which lands with impact
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, the participants will be able to:
- “Seek first to understand,” The key to building relationships
- Plan, execute and influence your peers
- Influence others to make more informed decisions
- Deliver a best in class presentation
- Co-create win-win outcomes in the workplace
This GLOMACS Personal Effectiveness & Influencing Skills training course will involve a high level of participation using a range of proven blended learning methods that ensure all the participants will learn in a safe yet challenging environment. All Adult learning styles are accommodated using a variety of mediums, including; skills application, case study critique, peer feedback, completion of a personal profiling tool, individual and group exercises.
The companies that invest in the development of soft skills – communication skills – tend to be market leaders but also tend to have higher levels of employee satisfaction and morale.
Impact on the organisation in attending this GLOMACS Personal Effectiveness & Influencing Skills training course is reflective, including:
- Develop personal communication skills, which will enable employees to be more effective in their day to day work
- Exposed the importance of building strong cross-functional relationships which will improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to negotiate outcomes that both parties feel is valued is integral to winning and maintaining long term business partnerships
- Equipping employees with the skills to have more productive business conversations with colleagues
- Increase operational efficiency by enabling staff to spend their time on business priorities
- Opportunity to explore a range of business and personal effectiveness skills in a safe learning environment
By learning how to Influence others by using a wide range of tools, the participants will not only be more productive and more effective in their job roles but will also gain greater confidence and well-being in the business and personal lives.
The impact of this GLOMACS training course to the participants are diverse and includes:
- Learn the key role of Emotional Intelligence in building long-lasting business relationships
- Completion of a personal profile to enhance self- awareness
- Gain knowledge in the application of a range of communication tools, give and receive feedback from their peers
- Gain new concepts and methods through real-life case studies
- Learn how to structure and deliver a best in the class presentation which will deliver outstanding personal and professional results
- Negotiate with a view to building long term sustainable relationships
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Personal Effectiveness & Influencing Skills training course is aimed at Business Professionals who want to re-enforce the existing skills and build a new layer of expertise that will enhance more in control of the business discussions. It will also benefit those who wish to communicate and present their ideas more powerfully.
This GLOMACS training course is a suitably wide range of professionals but will significantly benefit:
- Project Managers
- Marketing Professionals
- Senior Business Leaders
- All Team Leaders and Managers
- Anyone who supervises or manages a team
- Sales Professionals who wish to have a greater impact on their clients
- Any Business Professional who is seeking to expand its sphere of influence
- Business Professionals who need to work collaboratively with other business functions
The Link between Influence and Relationships
- Defining the Characteristics of Required to Influence Others
- Where are you and those you wish to Influence on the Change Curve?
- What are the blockages we face when influencing others?
- The Importance of Accommodating Different Learning Styles
- The Fight, Freeze, or Flight: How the brain works?
- Unconscious Bias and How We Filter Information
- Understanding Different Behavioural Styles
- Emotional Intelligence and Influence
Building Your Personal Effectiveness Toolkit
- The Influence Model
- The Critical Elements of the Influencing Model Explained and Demonstrated
- Listening with Intent
- Asking Better Questions to Understand Truly
- The Importance of Building in Flexibility to Any Idea or Proposal
- Influencing Decision Making at Work
- Influencing Others to Make More Informed Decisions
- How to Use Decision Making Tools in Practice
Negotiation in Practice
- Explaining What Negotiation Is and Isn’t
- An Introduction to Negotiations
- Negotiation Skills in Business and Life
- Understanding Negotiation Parameters
- Preparing for Your Negotiations
- Learning How to Identify Negotiable Variables – What do I trade?
- The Principles of the WAP (Walk Away Point) and Why It Is Important
Delivering a Best in Class Presentation
- What makes Memorable Speech?
- Presentation Top Tips
- Introduction and Use of the INTRO Formula
- Using Intonation for Effect
- Exploring the Role of Non-Verbal Communication When Presenting
- PowerPoint Do’s and Don’ts
- Using Stories and Visualisation to Enhance Your Message
- How to Control Nerves like a Professional
- Creating a Personal Vocal Checklist
Building Your Sphere of Influence
- Understanding the Sphere of Influence
- Creating a Personal Influence Map
- Consideration of Influencing Tactics
- Developing a Personal “Plan of Action” for Your Return to Work
- Building Your Personal Resource Library
Share this Course:
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.