This GLOMACS Preparing and Developing Training Specialist and Coordinators training seminar is designed specifically to recognise the vital role of those working in the area of training and development. It is suited for anyone who trains or develops others or who is involved in development and talent management.
The training function is a relatively recent addition to organisation structures compared with other functions such as production, accounts and sales. Writers such as Tom Peters and Charles Handy have stressed the importance of training for organisational success. This is linked into the bigger picture of constant organisational change and developments in HR and talent management systems.
This GLOMACS Preparing and Developing Training Specialist and Coordinators training course specifically will give you detailed knowledge on the training cycle and explain how to prove to top management that training is a great investment. This training course is in-direct response from you our customers, for very practical, hands on week of training, which will be delivered by an internationally recognised instructor in this area.
Key points of the week include:
- Mastering the Training Cycle – Getting the complete picture of what training does
- Learn How Training Needs Analysis and Training Evaluation Work
- Appreciate the Career Structure in Training and What’s involved in Career Development
- Learn about How to Set Learning Objectives and Understand Adult Learning
- Understand Talent Management & Succession Planning
- Learn How to Conduct a Cost-benefit Analysis and Calculate Training ROI on all training
At the end of this training course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the training cycle and its application in the modern training and development department (Knowledge)
- Discuss the limitations and advantages of a competency based approach to training (Comprehension)
- Calculate a training cost benefit and/or a training return on all training investment (ROI) (Application)
- Differentiate between training, learning and talent management (Analysis)
- Design a course outline utilising Blooms taxonomy for educational objectives (Synthesis)
- Defend training decisions based on cost-benefit analysis (Evaluation)
- Financially evaluate all training
Dynamic presentations support each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion. There will also be numerous practical sessions where participants have the opportunity to participate and experience topics taught.
Those organisations supporting this Preparing and Developing Training Specialist and Coordinators training seminar will:
- Have staff trained in the latest training and development approaches
- Support nationalisation and talent management initiatives
- Incorporating taught skills and techniques into their work behaviour, participants will demonstrate more effective training coordination skills
- Have properly trained and informed people who will be able to add value when they return to work
- Be able to justify training spend based on cost benefit analysis
- The course will be delivered taking into account of cultural issues
- Appreciate the importance of adult learning
- Develop training coordination skills
- Develop personal skills in training & development administration
- Master the jargon and be able to become professional in your approach
- Be able to make sound decisions on which areas of training you might want to work in
- Be more effective in your day to day work by mastering training processes
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Preparing and Developing Training Specialist and Coordinators training course is specifically aimed at showing you the professional way to approach training and development. Therefore it is suitable for:
- New and Existing Training Coordinators
- New and Existing Training Specialists
- Those involved in Training or HR Administration
- Training Personnel who need to update their skills
- Human Resource (HR) Professionals and HR Business Partners
- Talent Managers
- Those involved in Nationalisation Programmes
- Supervisors or Technical Staff (including engineers) who train others and who need a good understanding of how training works
The Role and Function of Today’s Training Departments
- Introduction and Program Objectives
- Why do we need to Train anyone?
- The Role of Training and Activities Covered
- Roles in Training
- The Training Cycle (Analysis, Design, Develop, Conduct, Evaluate)
- How Adults Learn? - Andragogy
- The Conscious Competence Model
- Assessing Your Own Learning Style
Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and Competency Based Training (CBT)
- What is Training Needs Analysis?
- Identifying and Meeting Learning Needs
- How TNA Techniques helped? – Case Study
- How to Prioritise Training needs?
- Brief Overview of DIF Analysis
- Competency Based Training (CBT) - The Debate: How to do semi - automated TNA on all competence training
- How Competencies are Constructed?
Learning Objectives & Testing
- Understanding Learning Objectives
- Learning Strategies
- Writing Objectives using Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Revised Taxonomy
- The Role of Testing in Training
- Key Properties that Psychometric Tests Should Have
- Personality Questionnaires and their Limitations
- Aptitude and Ability Tests
Training Evaluation - Completing the Cycle
- What is Training Evaluation?
- Measurement - How to financially evaluate all training using the new approach
- Reaction Evaluation - end of course reviews
- The Performance Grid
- Showing the Benefit of Evaluated Training – formula to use
- Calculating a Cost-benefit
- Return-On-Investment (ROI)
Talent Management & Essential Training Administration Issues
- Talent Management - explored
- Succession Planning, Mentoring & Coaching
- Nationalisation Programmes
- Managing the Training Function
- Training Records and Administration
- External and/or Internal Training Decisions
- Training Room Set-up
- Personal Action Planning
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor and Re-Certification credits from HR Certification Institute (HRCI), will be awarded to the delegates
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.