Policy-making shapes the environment businesses operate in. Yet many businesses are still unaware on how to pro-actively contribute to defining policy either on a local, regional or national level. Defining, developing and benefiting from public policy is within everyone’s reach.
This GLOMACS Public Policy Development training seminar aims to provide attendees with practical knowledge to effectively engage with policy-makers and shape upcoming and existing legislation so that it aligns to business goals.
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- The objectives of Policy-making
- The impacts of different policies on business from an organizational, financial and cultural perspective
- How to effectively participate in policy-making
- Different approaches to engagement with policy-makers from a corporate perspective
This GLOMACS training seminar intends to provide its participants with an in-depth knowledge of what Public Policy is and how to participate to its design from a corporate perspective.
At the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, you will learn to:
- Better understand the role of organisations in contributing to public policy
- Discern the different areas of meaningful impact organisations can have in policy creation
- Develop meaningful stakeholder engagement techniques
- Learn how to best leverage your knowledge for policy formulation
Participants will perfect the required skills to understand and contribute to public policy through a wide-range of instructional methods including the examination of various case studies, group discussions and class exercises with maximum delegate participation covering current situations and practices, and finally, lecturing by an experienced practitioner.
Organisations will gain:
- A workforce able to discern policy elements affecting the organization
- Different approaches to leverage public policy
- Strategies to develop longer relationships with policy-makers
Delegates will personally gain:
- In-depth knowledge on Public Policy
- The ability to convey messages effectively to the right stakeholders
- Increased skillsets in stakeholder management
- Strategies to leverage public policy
- The ability to contribute to the organisation’s strategic objectives
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training seminar is aimed at professionals with a leadership role or who are involved in public affairs or public policy:
- Public affairs practitioners at all levels
- Communication and liaison officers
- Public relations practitioners
- Operational managers impacted by public procurement and policy decisions
- Executives involved in strategic and operational functions
- What is Policy-making?
- The Policy-making Process
- Qualities of Good Policy Making
- Instruments of Policy Implementation
- Cooperation with Policy Makers
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Policy
Dimensions of Policy-Making
- Health Policies
- Environmental Policies
- Economic Policies
- Social Policies
- Law and Policy-making
- Politics and Policy-making
- Case Studies
Contributing and Leveraging Public Policy
- How does public policy affect your business?
- Developing a Communication Strategy
- Practical Steps for an Effective Take-up Strategy of Your Proposals
- Navigating the Decision-making Process
- Creating Alliances
- Identification of Policy-relevant Issues
- Identification of Audiences
- Creating and Sustaining Interest
- Developing Engagement Programmes
- Introducing our Organisation to Decision-makers
- Presenting Evidence for Policy-making
Multi-layered Approach to Public Policy
- Local Policy
- Regional Policy
- National Policy
- Strategies for a Coherent and Comprehensive Approach to Policy-making
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates.
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance.
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.