This GLOMACS Safety Audit and Site Inspection training course will provide you with all the necessary skills and talents required to successfully audit and inspect an organisation's health and safety performances. All Safety Management Systems (SMS) require a systematic and thorough assessment of how well and efficient and effective the various parts are working. It will develop the ability to examine an SMS critically and enable to identify strengths, weaknesses, and suggest measures for improvement.
"What you do not measure you cannot improve." The actual performance must match their stated intentions; otherwise, the documents and processes within the safety management system are meaningless. Safety audits and site inspections provide the final pieces of the health and safety management jigsaw, which, when effectively used, enable an organisation to control health and safety risks and promote an effective and robust management system.
Successful organisations are always striving for improvement, and well-structured audits and inspections provide the practical means through which this can be achieved.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- The components of effective company and contractor safety audits
- The legal aspects of audits
- The importance of pre-audit questionnaires & validation and control of contractors
- How to carry out meaningful and effective audits and inspections?
- The real business benefits
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the legal background
- Appreciate the key elements of a safety management system
- Develop the skills necessary to undertake audits and site inspections successfully
- Understand the importance of and how to assess the safety culture of an organisation
- Evaluate the emergency plans of an organization
The participants of this GLOMACS Safety Audit and Site Inspection training course will receive a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. It includes active participation during the programme through exercises, case studies, and open discussion forums. Videos shown will encourage further discussions, and delegates are encouraged to bring forth and share their own experiences and issues from their organisation.
By conducting effective GLOMACS Safety Audits and Site Inspections, an organisation will ensure deficiencies in its management system are identified, and corrective action is taken to protect and enhance their reputation and profile.
The organizational impact will be the following:
- Able to undertake audits and prepare audit reports
- Equipped to carry out effective site inspections
- The professional development of staff
- A reduction in incidents
- Improved communications and improve safety behaviour
- Visible continuous improvement
The participants will acquire how to carry out effective and meaningful health and safety audits and site inspections using a variety of proven management techniques and interpersonal skills.
The personal impact will be:
- Gaining skills and improving confidence in conducting audits and site inspections
- Understanding the legal background and increased knowledge in evaluating health and safety performance
- Appreciating the requirements of HSG 65, ILO OHS 2001, ISO 45001
- Appreciating the importance of human factors and safety culture
- Understanding and evaluating the core elements of a successful health and safety management system
- Understanding the benefits of a successful health and safety management system
Who Should Attend?
This training course has been specifically designed to provide practical health and safety guidance. It would benefit a wide range of professionals involved or concerned with monitoring health and safety performance. The guidance will enable those attending to apply this learning to carry out safety audits and site inspections successfully.
This GLOMACS training course is a suitably wide range of professionals but will significantly benefit:
- HSE Personnel
- Maintenance Personnel
- Employee Representatives
- Human Resources Professionals
- All personnel involved in selecting or vetting contractors
- All line Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders
- Any other staff who are involved in monitoring the HSE management system
Introduction to Audits, Legislation, and Contractors
- Introduction to Safety Audits and Inspections
- The legal aspects relating to monitoring performance
- Seveso, COMAH, PSM 1910.119, CDM Regulations, & ILO C-167
- ISO 45001
- Contractor Selection and Control
- Evaluating risk assessments and safe systems of work
Elements of a Safety Management System – Audits
- Types of Safety Management Systems
- Core Elements of Safety Management Systems
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of performance
- Measurement Techniques
- Competencies for Auditors
- Audits and their Critical Components
- Observation Techniques
- Specific Audit/Inspection Systems - Physical Inspection of the Site
- Confined Space Entry
- Lifting equipment and lifting operations
- Work at height and safe access
- Fire Assessment
- Permit to Work Systems
- Safety Culture and Human Factors
- Negative and Positive Dimensions
- Taylor, Herzberg, McGregor, and Maslow
- Natural Penalties and Consequences
- ABC Analysis (Antecedents, Behaviour, and consequences)
- What drives behaviour?
- Auditing and improving the safety culture
Emergency and Contingency Planning
- Internal Emergency Plans
- External Emergency Plans
- Auditing Emergency Plans
- Audit Reports
- Contingency Planning
- Actions for Improvement
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients