This exciting and innovative GLOMACS Stakeholder Management training course will focus on the practical and theoretical aspects of Negotiating, Communicating & Influencing. You will learn how to build an ongoing relationship with people to ensure success in all you do and the essential ingredients of engagement and practical skills in negotiation, communication, and influence.
A Stakeholder is somebody that has an interest in your organisation, department, or project and can either affect or be affected by what you do. Your Stakeholders are both internal and external and can include internal departments, investors, employees, government, customers, suppliers, community, trade unions, contractors, or trade associations.
If you are going to be effective with your Stakeholders, you must take the time to develop and build support and influence. Whether for a project or a significant change initiative, without the support of people, you will fail. Research has shown that Project and Programme Management Specialists spent much more time than the average respondent dealing with people and people issues.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- How to manage Stakeholders successfully
- The key skills of successful negotiation
- Ways to remove or limit communication barriers
- Leading change through the power of relationships
- Practical stakeholder engagement techniques
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the critical approaches to stakeholder management
- Discuss the main methods of effective influence
- Apply psychological communication theory to stakeholder management
- Analyse the appropriate negotiation techniques in each situation
- Design a strategy for stakeholder engagement
This GLOMACS Stakeholder Management training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented. Includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion.
There will also be practical sessions where participants can practice and experience course-related activities. Practical and fun exercises, short video presentations, small group work, and feedback will be used to facilitate learning.
The participants on this GLOMACS Stakeholder Management training course will have a very positive impact on the organisation, including:
- Gaining a detailed understanding of stakeholder management methodology
- Improved communication with all stakeholders
- Increased programme and project effectiveness
- More successful influence with stakeholders
- Practical negotiation skills that can be applied in many settings
- Understand that you can overestimate and underestimate cultural differences when negotiating
By attending this GLOMACS Stakeholder Management training course, all participant will develop several important work-related skills and competencies, these includes:
- Detailed understanding of the practice of stakeholder management
- Practical skills in stakeholder engagement
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to apply win-win negotiation skills
- Increased knowledge of the psychology of influence
- A set of transferable skills in dealing with Stakeholders
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All Leaders, Managers and Supervisors
- Technical Professionals with limited soft-skills training and experience
- Anyone who needs to understand Stakeholders and stakeholder engagement
- Change Leaders
- Organisational Development (OD) Staff
- Project Management Professionals
- Project and Programme Managers
- Human Resource (HR) Professionals
- Talent Management Professionals
- Anyone who needs to improve their stakeholder management and influence
- Anyone who needs to improve their skills in negotiation, communication and influence
The Essentials of Stakeholder Management
- Introduction to Stakeholder Management
- Key Stakeholder Management Definitions
- Identifying your Stakeholders: Stakeholder Analysis
- The 3 – Step Approach to Effective Stakeholder Management
- Developing Ongoing Business Relationships
Negotiation Techniques for Collaboration
- Negotiation Model
- Create the Ideal BATNA
- Introduction to Re-framing Techniques
- Cultural Differences that Affect Negotiation
- Negotiating Styles, Tactics and Overcoming Deadlock
Essential Communication Skills for Stakeholder Management
- Understanding the Psychology of Communication
- The Seven Largest Barriers to Effective Communication
- Removing Communication Barriers
- Why listening is more important than talking?
- The Emotional Intelligence (EI) Skills Needed for Stakeholder Management
- The Tools of Influence
- Reciprocity: Give and Take
- The Importance of Commitment and Consistency
- How social proof influences behaviour?
- Liking, Authority and Scarcity
Essential Skills for Stakeholder Management
- Managing Stakeholders Successfully
- Running Effective Stakeholder Meetings
- Practical People Engagement
- The Power of Empathy
- Personal Action Planning
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates.
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance.
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.