Storage Tank Design, Construction & Maintenance is a course designed to offer the participants an insight of how tank farm storage tanks are designed, constructed, operated, inspected and maintained. This GLOMACS Storage Tank Design, Construction & Maintenance training course provides a comprehensive detailed overview of the American Petroleum Institute API-650, API 620 and API 2610 specifications as well as the API 653 inspection standard.
Storage tanks are containers that hold flammable liquids, or compressed flammable gases for short, medium or long-term storage. Crude oil or crude product storage tank design and construction, as used in industries such as petroleum production, refinery tank farms, intermediate product storage including LPG, and product transfer operations, petrochemicals, as well as other industries consuming or producing flammable liquids, will be covered. This GLOMACS Storage Tank Design, Construction & Maintenance training course will highlight the most recent revisions and upcoming changes in the aforementioned standards and will in addition include essential storage tank technology not covered by these standards.
The aim of this comprehensive GLOMACS Storage Tank Design, Construction & Maintenance training course is to provide the delegates with a sound understanding of the main features of flammable fluids’ storage, in above ground storage tanks, that are available in many shapes and sizes and includes: vertical and horizontal, cylindrical; open or closed with or without floating roofs. In addition, you will learn the fundamentals of tank terminal design, construction, operation, maintenance, and inspection.
At the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will:
- Learn about Tank Design Features and Components
- Have an Understanding of Storage Tank Construction Methods
- Know the Various Materials of Construction Associated with Storage Tank
- Grasp the Relevant Types of Storage Tank and their Associated Terminologies
- Assess Storage Tank Performance
- Appreciate the Governing Equations Associated with Tank Design
- Learn about Tank Safety Issues
- Learn about Tank Standards and Codes
- Appreciate Failure Mechanisms including Corrosion
- Learn about methods of Tank Protection, including Linings and Cathodic Protection
- Have an Understanding of Different Methods of Inspection
This GLOMACS Storage Tank Design, Construction & Maintenance training course will be conducted along with workshop principles such as formal lectures, computer simulation, videos and interactive worked examples. Relevant case studies will be provided to illustrate the application of each tool in an operations environment. Each learning point will be re-enforced with practical exercises and ample opportunities for discussion and sharing of experiences.
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Storage Tank Design, Construction & Maintenance training course is intended for tank farm and refinery employees or engineers who are required to select and or are involved in tank design, as well as anyone working in crude oil and or product storage facility. It is also intended for, but not limited to, professionals involved in handling, loading, or discharging of oil and gas cargoes.
Storage Tanks Introduction
- Review of Energy Production and Consumption
- Basic Properties and Characteristics of Petroleum and Products in Storage
- Storage of Flammable Liquids - safety & risk
- Fire Fighting & Fire Protection
- Handling Oils Spills and other Emergencies
- Introduction and Uses of Storage Tanks
Tank Design Standards and Codes
- API Standard 650 Design and Construction of New Storage Tanks
- API Standard 620 Design and Construction of Large, Welded, Low-Pressure Storage Tanks
- API Standard 2610 Design, Construction, Operation, Maintenance and Inspection of Terminal & Tank Facilities
- Types of Tanks, Bolted, Welded, etc.
- Tank Components, Fittings and Equipment
- Tank Roofs, Fixed, Floating, Roof Supports etc.
- Tank Rim and Seals
- Tank Vents & Vacuum Brakers
- Tank Drainage and Water Separation
- Design, Sample Problem of a Heated Tank
Tank Selection and Design
- Tank Selection Criteria
- Tank Capacity & Volume Calculations
- Cylindrical and Spherical Tanks
- Tank Piping Systems, Mixers and BS&W Control
- Double Wall Storage Tank
- Foundations Construction Basics
- Syndicate Exercise - Tank Layout and Spacing
Tank Construction Engineering Considerations
- Materials Selection
- Welding and Welding Inspection
- Design Loading and Selected Tank Equations
- Tank Coatings
- Tank Manufacturing and Assembly
- Tank Damage
- Corrosion Protection, Cathodic Protection, etc.
Inspection and Maintenance
- API Standard 653 - Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration and Reconstruction
- Nondestructive Inspections
- Tank Failure Case Studies
- Tank Inventory System (TIS)
- Level Measurement Sensors, Techniques and Control
- Course Review and Roundup
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates.
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance.
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients