‘The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.’ - Denis Watley
Strategic awareness rarely features in modern management, yet is something that can fundamentally change conversations and decision-making at the Board level. In essence, strategic awareness is the fusion of strategic thinking and personal awareness. Strategic opportunities exist all around us, often through the information people carry with them. Capitalizing on these opportunities requires you to be more alert and attentive to what is happening in the world around you. In doing this, you are more prepared to gather and evaluate the information you are receiving. Strategy and awareness are each essential to superior performance, which is the prime target of any enterprise. Not one of Steve Jobs’ ideas would have stood a chance of becoming an innovative product had he not been able to operate from strategic awareness. A study from the Economist Intelligence Unit reports that two-thirds of corporate executives believe a lack of strategic awareness and business skills or business acumen inhibits their company from meeting strategic priorities.
This exciting and innovative GLOMACS Interactive Workshop on Strategic Awareness and Business Acumen will highlight a review of business and economic context for your business, tools and techniques used in strategy development, use of strategic thinking and Business Acumen and Strategy Development.
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Interactive workshop will be highly beneficial for the following professionals:
- Those wishing to sharpen their analytical skills and business savvy
- Managers taking on a more senior and strategic role in their organisation
- Managers seeking innovative approaches to business development
- Managers wanting to refresh their business acumen and strategic management
Interactive discussions and presentations will cover the following topics:
- Improve your understanding of how Operations, Finance, Marketing, and other functions must work together to create and execute a successful business strategy
- Polish your financial literacy and leadership skills and become more business savvy
- Examine the external environment affecting your company’s ability to succeed
- Analyze your key competitors and what the future will look like
- Measure performance using standards that are highly correlated with value creation
- Integrate your competitive analysis to improve your business decision making
- Create a business strategy and a complete strategy implementation map
Share this Course: