As of the moment, this course is currently not available on our training portfolio.
If you wish to inquire or request a run for this seminar, e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at +971 (04) 425 0700
"Strategy depends upon the ability to foresee future consequences of present initiatives."
The basic requirements for strategy development include, among other factors: 1) Extensive knowledge about the environment, market and competitors; 2) Ability to examine this knowledge as an interactive dynamic system, and 3) The imagination and logic to choose between specific alternatives.
This GLOMACS Strategic Thinking, Analysis and Planning training course has been specifically designed to provide the necessary strategic tools and mapping capabilities to achieve high levels of strategic alignment and consistency relative to both the external and internal environment. In this way, strategy enables professionals to maximize internal efficiency while capturing the highest potential of opportunities in the external environment and gain organisational and personal success.
This GLOMACS training course will feature:
- Leading-edge Thinking in Strategic Analysis / Planning
- The Choices Faced in Developing Strategy
- The Concepts, Tools, and Techniques of ‘Strategy’ and ‘Strategic Planning’
- Step-by-Step Processes, Providing a toolkit for each Stage
- Mapping and Applying Strategic Tools in managing their specialist roles
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
By the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, participants will be able to:
- Understand the global leading-edge thinking in strategic development
- Identify and evaluate the options and implications faced in developing a strategy
- Apply the concepts, tools, and techniques of ‘strategy’ and ‘strategic planning’
- Understand the step-by-step process and apply a strategic toolkit for each stage
- Map out possible directions using strategic tools to apply to their own specialist role in the alignment of strategic programmes and projects
- Identify “real” problems and apply decision-making principles
This GLOMACS Strategic Thinking, Analysis and Planning training seminar will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes facilitated group and individual exercises, case studies, role-play, videos. The instructor will also facilitate learning by encouraging the delegates to test and critically appraise a series of “strategic tools” and their practical application.
Delegates returning from this GLOMACS training seminar will have developed an understanding of the mindset of the effective leader.
- Organisations require their strategic targets to be successfully achieved
- Extensive knowledge about the environment, market and competitors
- Ability to examine this knowledge as an interactive dynamic system
- The imagination and logic to choose between specific alternatives
- Effective problem solving and decision making
- Improved workforce relationships leading to greater loyalty and productivity
Delegates will develop enriched communication and engagement skills which will improve their working relationships.
- Greater influence and negotiation skills with stakeholders
- Improved team & virtual team performance and motivation
- A range of different thinking styles to be more persuasive and assertive
- Questioning techniques to ensure you achieve the best outcomes
- Strong working relationships built through robust engagement skills
- Improved personal and team / virtual team performance
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Strategic Thinking, Analysis and Planning training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals who are required to make strategic decisions, and who wishes to learn how to apply strategic tools in their own job and their own career but will greatly benefit the following individuals:
- New & Experienced Supervisors
- Team Leaders & Line Managers
- Projects & Process Managers
- Senior Managers
- Strategic Developers
Global Strategic Thinking, Analysis and Planning
- Recognise How Strategic Thinking has developed and How it Influences Strategies
- Understand the Importance of Vision and Values
- Distinguish between the Process of Formulating and Implementing Strategy
- Follow the Progression of Strategic Thinking in Business
- Anticipate where Strategy may Next Develop
- Articulate the Conceptual Framework of Strategy that your Organisation uses Today
Mapping Strategic Options
- Five-Step Strategy Model
- The Strategy Diamond
- The Business Model Canvass
- The Balanced Scorecard
- Porter’s Five Forces – assessing the balance of power in a business situation
- Diversification – reducing business risk
Core Strategic Tools
- SWOT, TOWS and PESTLE Analysis
- Critical Success Factors
- Understanding the Components of Success
- The McKinsey 7 S Model
- Predicting Competitor Behaviour
- Exceeding Customer Expectations
Strategic Options for Competitive Advantage
- USP Analysis
- Ohmae’s 3C Model - bringing together different aspects of Strategic Thinking
- Competitive Intelligence
- Porter’s Generic Options
- 5 P’s of Strategy
- Developing Future Growth
Strategic Problem Solving and Decision Making Tools
- Problem Solving and Decision Making Process
- 7 Key Steps of Strategic Decision Making
- Framing of Decisions
- Asking the Right Questions
- Assessing Risks and Analyzing Problems
- 6 Thinking Hats
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates.
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance.
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients