As of the moment, this course is currently not available on our training portfolio.
If you wish to inquire or request a run for this seminar, e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at +971 (04) 425 0700
A few companies have mastered the intricacies of growth and change in a modern fast moving world and a tiny minority have become world class. The majority under-perform their true potential, delivering lackluster profits, growth and exports.
The answer, many years ago, was once straightforward but now it is increasingly complex. Companies that know how to build robust and agile strategies, achieve growth by successful acquisitive and organic methods and adapt /metamorphose at speed are the ones that prevail and retain sustainable competitive advantage. The challenge is for those companies and boards which have yet to make the grade or comprehend the nature of current levels of global competition.
This GLOMACS Management and Leadership course on Strategy Building and Sustaining Competitive Advantage focuses on these 5 essential concepts—strategic conceptualisation, strategic operationalization, strategic implementation, building speed and agility, risk optimisation/future-proofing.
This GLOMACS training course is relevant to managers and newly appointed directors in every part of the company and managers within outsourced functions and directorates. This is because without a thorough understanding of how precisely their roles impacts upon sustainable competitive advantage and the ultimate strategy which delivers it, corporate success will be elusive.
The principal highlights of this GLOMACS training course are:
- Introduction to Leading Edge Thinking and Evolving Best Practice in Strategy Building
- Understanding Strategic Frameworks
- Understanding the Link Between Strategy Building and Implementation
- Outsourcing / AI / Offshoring / Automation / Robotics / Shared Services / Supporting Technology
- Developing a “helicopter view” and strategic mind-set
- Selecting the right change management approach to give practical effect to the Strategy
- Getting the Right People and Processes into Place to Support the Strategy
- Risk Optimisation and Future-proofing/Delivering Sustainable Competitive Advantage
The main objectives of this GLOMACS training course are as follows:
- To ensure that course participants understand the concepts of strategic conceptualisation through to practical implementation
- To understand how to create target operating models which are risk optimised and future-proofed enough to give the new strategy a chance to work in a world of volatility and uncertainty
- To ensure that course participants understand the concept of competitive advantage and its key drivers
- To enable course participants to understand how their specialist parts of the organisation can contribute to the strategy as it is formulated and rolled out on the ground
- To enable course participants to understand the necessary processes of change that will be required to give effect to the strategy once it starts to be implemented
- To enable course participants to identify the people and required behaviours and competencies of people within their remit who will be needed to support the implementation of the strategy going forward
This GLOMACS training process is a mixture of focused engagement from the course leader with practical illustrations of tools and concepts, group work, You Tube videos, discussion and case studies. These will include case studies from the training course leader based on personal experience and more recent examples from around the world.
The material in this GLOMACS training course will serve as a living document for everyday use which will need to constantly evolve as an adaptable resource to aid strategic formulation and implementation. Mozart or other uplifting music will be played to temporarily raise IQ and creative thinking capabilities amongst course participants to assist the learning process.
- Greater agility, robustness and agility across divisions, functions, sectors and teams
- Improved decision making, better time and resource allocation leading to optimised corporate and organisational performance
- Strategic thinking and the need for change inculcated throughout the organisation
- Flatter more responsive organisations with progressively faster operational tempos
- Initiatives, projects and programmes will be implemented more efficiently within the context of the evolving strategy
- Competitive advantage will be sustained in the face of emulators, ”fast followers”, direct competitors, new entrants to the market, regulators ,threat actors and adverse trends
- Managers will become more effective in their respective roles and of greater utility to their stakeholders and line directors
Course participants will achieve the following by attending this GLOMACS training course:
- Improved career growth and flexibility
- Greater understanding of strategic thinking, the planning process and the practicalities of implementation
- Appreciation and understanding of the role of change management and people / processes capable of rapid metamorphosis which can drive strategic change
- Improved decision making and “right brained” creative thinking to quickly resolve strategic problems
- Improved Team-working capabilities and greater confidence by top management of the capabilities and competence of their operational managers
- Optimised motivation and better understanding of analysis and trend interpretation
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Strategy Building and Sustaining Competitive Advantage training seminar is designed for experienced and fast track professionals from any industry, public sector body wishing to operate profit making A.L.M.O.S (Arms - Length Managed Organisations), corporate strategists, newly appointed directors with limited formal management training, interim transformation leaders who wish to take a “bigger picture” view of strategic formulation and implementation along with related business issues.
Course participants may have some experience of planning operationally within their own discipline but now need or wish to acquire a broader and/or more internationalised appreciation of strategic thinking.
The following are the ones who would also benefit from attending this GLOMACS training course:
- Experienced Operations Managers
- Financial Managers
- Human Resource Managers
- Public Sector Officials responsible for Industrial and Economic Development, Tourism and ALMO development
- Bankers and Investment Analysts
- Corporate Strategists
- Internal Management Consultants
- Marketing Managers
- Programme Managers
- Project Directors
- Newly Appointed Directors of fast track companies looking to “scale” and Mid -Caps with ambition
Business Strategy, Strategic Management and Strategic Choice
- Generic Competitive Strategies
- Structural Analysis of Industries and Companies
- Competitive Positioning versus Blue Ocean Strategies
- Blue Ocean Strategies overtaken by Speed of Emulation / Fast Following
- Extracting Value over Time
- Customer Selection / Engagement / Differentiation / Lifetime Value
- Integrated Supply Chain
- Choice and Complexity
Strategic Conceptualisation , Operationalisation and Implementation
- The Interface of External and Internal Analysis
- Optimised Shareholder Value / Relationship to Strategic Planning
- Financial and Non-Financial Aspects of Strategy, Objectives and Mechanisms
- Application of the Balanced Scorecard to Embedding Strategy
- Diagnosing Strategic Opportunities and Issues
- Creating Strategic Frameworks
- Defensive and Proactive Growth Strategies
Competitive Advantage / How to Obtain and Sustain It
- Competitive Advantage Through Cost Leadership
- Competitive Advantage through Product / Service Differentiation
- Competitive Advantage through Differentiation of the Business Model
- Combining Cost Leadership with Differentiation: Singapore Airlines
- Balancing Cost Leadership and Differentiation in Delivering Value to Customers
- Competitor Intelligence and Analysis
- Current, Transitional and Target Operating Models / Group Exercise
- Risk Optimisation and Future-proofing with OODA LOOP
Global Strategic Risk and Strategic Management
- Identifying, Quantifying and Assessing Risk and Uncertainty
- Managing, Mitigating, Transferring and Eliminating Risk / Uncertainty
- Trends, Tipping Points and “Black Swans”
- Globalisation / Moving into Different Jurisdictions / Managing the Evolving Strategic Rollout
- Building Strategic Capability—In House or Externally
- The Change Process, Choosing the Right One
- Managing Change / Creating the NEWCO of the Future
- Building in Standards to Prevent Regression
Building Tomorrow’s Organisation Out of Today’s Organisation
- Communication with Internal and External Stakeholders (The Media / Suppliers / Partners / Shareholders and Investors)
- Building the Brand Here and Internationally
- Reputation Management and PR
- Deciding What to do With the Parts that Don’t Fit (Outsourcing / Offshoring / AI / Automation / Robotics)
- Carve Outs
- Strategic Evolution and Renewal
- The Role of Executive Leadership in Strategic Formulation, Communication, Mentoring Coaching
- Far Eastern Approaches / Hoshin Planning versus Current Western Approaches
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates.
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance.
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.