This GLOMACS Training Seminar “Strategy and Strategic Planning” will enable you to make a major contribution to creating tomorrow’s organisation out of today’s organisation. Strategy and strategic planning are the vital activities that enable all managers to (a) anticipate major change in the structure and potential of their business and, (b) make a significant personal contribution to the processes of business development.
All managers need to understand and deal with the major changes that are taking place in markets, technologies, competition, business models and risk management - plus the overarching influence of globalisation. To achieve this strategic planning team must take into account how to use all available resources in order to chart a course that will enable an organisation to develop strongly and deliver outstanding financial and other results, often in rapidly changing business conditions.
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight the following:
- Learning how to apply leading-edge thinking in strategic analysis and planning
- Evaluating the choices faced by an organisation in planning for the future
- Preparing a strategic plan that serves as a road map for action
- Understanding best practice in implementing strategic programmes and projects
- Designing an effective linkage between strategic and operational management
At the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, you will learn to:
- Leverage the value of strategy and strategic planning
- Design a strategic planning process for your organisation
- Analyse options and make robust choices in setting goals and objectives
- Take full advantage of the opportunities of globalisation
- Lead effective strategic change within your part of your organisation
The training methodology of the GLOMACS course “Strategy and Strategic Planning” is based on a carefully planned schedule of highly focused tutor input, using a balanced set of state-of-the-art learning mechanisms. The emphasis will be on studying real organisations making major strategic decisions.
Above all, the principles and approaches to strategic analysis, planning and management will be illustrated by reference to real-life situations in which the course leader has been personally involved. We will use the following training methods:
- Presentations by the course leader, including case examples
- Group work on case studies - analysis, interaction and discussion
- Presentations by subject experts on aspects of strategy, strategic planning and organisational change
- Focused problem-solving exercises, including “outside the box” thinking
- Decision analysis in different strategic and competitive conditions
By sending delegates to this GLOMACS training seminar, the organisation will gain the following benefits:
- Better decision-making and time/resource allocation - leading to improved organisational performance
- Introduction of strategic thinking into all levels of the organisation
- Top management having more confidence in the decisions of its staff
- An improved approach to planning at strategic and operational levels
- Sharply focused views on the extent and direction of change required for success
- More effective programme and project implementation by managers
By attending this GLOMACS training seminar, delegates will acquire the following benefits, skills and competencies:
- Improved career flexibility and prospects
- Accelerated thinking speed and problem resolution
- Detailed understanding of the strategic impact of different specialisms
- Improved leadership and teamworking capabilities
- Innovative approaches in ensuring the most effective impact of individual specialisms
- Understanding and applying best practice in strategic planning
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training seminar is designed for senior experienced staff from any industry and any functional specialisation who wish to gain a broader appreciation of the dynamics of business development and develop their personal roles in setting the direction for their organisation to create its future.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Specialists in marketing and business development
- Experienced Managers / Leaders in finance and accounting
- Specialists in production and operations management
- Scientists in research and development
- Logistics and Distribution Specialists
- Human Resource and Organisational Development Staff
Strategic Thinking and External Analysis
- Definitions of Strategy and Strategic Planning
- Why are Strategy and Strategic Planning important?
- Understanding The Main Frameworks for Strategic Analysis
- Private and Public Sector Strategies – Similarities and Differences
- External Analysis - Understanding and Analysing Business Attractiveness
- Analysing Customers and Benchmarking your own Strategic Position
- How Attractive is the Game that we have chosen to Play?
Internal Analysis and Fusion into Strategic Choice
- The Interface and Balance of External and Internal Analysis
- Internal Analysis: Financial
- Internal Analysis: Non-financial
- The Concept and Practicalities of The “Balanced Scorecard”
- Diagnosing and Analysing Strategic Problems and Opportunities
- Fusion of Analysis into Strategic choices - SWOT and The Strategy Matrix
- How well are we playing the game that we have chosen to play?
Strategic Plans and the Relevance of Alliances and Joint Ventures
- Review of The Tools Used So Far
- The Content of a Strategy: Avoiding “Paralysis by Analysis”
- Putting a Strategic Plan together – The 5-Page Framework
- Strategies for Alliances and Joint Ventures
- Management of Alliances and Joint Ventures
Global Strategy, Team Building and the Management of Internal Communication
- The Essence of Globalisation and Global Strategy
- Globalisation – The Strategic Dimension
- Globalisation – The Organisational Dimension
- Globalisation – The Human Dimension
- How to Build and Manage a Strategic Planning Team
- Communicating Strategy through the Organisation
- Gaining Your Team’s Commitment and Buy-in to the Strategy
Strategic Implementation and Getting the Value out of Strategy
- Alignment of Strategy, Culture, Structure and People
- Effective Execution - Converting Strategic Analysis and Planning into Action
- Aligning and Linking Strategy with Operational Objectives
- Implementation – Getting Practical Things Done
- Creating Tomorrow’s Organisation out of Today’s Organisation
- Strategic Planning at a Personal Level
- Overview: The Complete Strategy Process
- Summary and Conclusions - The Corporate and Individual value of Strategic Planning
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates.
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance.
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.