The Supply Chain is the active management of supply chain activities to maximize customer value and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage. Supply chain activities cover everything from product development, sourcing, production, and logistics, as well as the information systems needed to coordinate these activities. Organisations involved in running supply chains have to develop and run supply chains in the most effective and efficient ways possible.
The organizations that make up the supply chain are “linked” together through physical flows and information flows. There are the physical flows that involve the transformation, movement, and storage of goods and materials. They are the most visible piece of the supply chain; however, just as important are information flows. These allow the various supply chain partners to coordinate their long-term plans, and to control the day-to-day flow of goods and materials up and down the supply chain.
This GLOMACS training course on Supply Chain Operations in the Oil & Gas Industry will explore key concepts and solutions that can be employed to optimize the balance between supply chain responsiveness and the costs required to deliver desired business results.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- How to work with suppliers and providers both internally and externally
- Appreciate the complexities of supply chain activities in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Maximise the advantage that effective use of inventory can deliver financial results
- Evaluate supply chain risk by using risk tools and techniques
- Implement supply chain organisational improvements
By the end of this GLOMACS training course on Supply Chain Operations in the Oil & Gas Industry, participants will learn to:
- Understand how to maximise the effectiveness of your organisation’s supply chain operations
- Appreciate the need to work with suppliers to gain tangible business results
- Use an inventory strategy that increases the cash flow
- Identify supply chain risk by using analytical tools
- Apply changes in the organisation in order to make cost and service improvements
Training seminar methodology includes discussion and lectures leveraging years of hands-on supply chain experience across oil & gas industries and many countries across the world. The trainer will use real-world challenges and solutions, exercises and case studies and an extensive course manual. Participants to this GLOMACS training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques.
The organization gains by their employees attending this program through increased knowledge and a set of skills of the delegates which can be applied in their workplace by:
- Understanding what motivates other players in the oil & gas supply chain
- Reducing costs and making service improvements
- Understanding the supply chain operations relevant to the oil & gas industry
- Identify supply chain risk by using analytical tools
- Work towards a kaisen principle of continual improvement
- Become a best in class organisation
Participants will gain, enhance and learn to apply themselves in the workplace and this GLOMACS training course will especially help them in their roles and career growth.
This GLOMACS training course will enable delegates to:
- Understand the current supply chain operations
- Access them for risk and vulnerability
- Examine how to mitigate risks
- Apply appropriate tools to make financial savings
- Make continual improvements
Who Should Attend?
This exciting and innovative GLOMACS training course is suitable for those in the organisation, and not just in the supply chain, who have a responsibility to make improvements and save costs across the functions and to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Supply Chain Professionals
- All of those who need an understanding of supply chain concepts
- Sourcing, Procurement and Supplier Management Professionals
- Production and Manufacturing Professionals
- All of those who need an understanding of the relationships between risk, cost and service in supply chains
Understanding the Supply Chain Operations
- Appreciating the Supply Chain Upstream and Downstream
- Understanding Internal and External Supply Chains
- Processes in the Supply Chain
- Working with Suppliers and Customers
- Identifying Gaps in Performance
How to Manage Inventory Effectively
- Types of Inventory
- Maximizing Inventory Turns through Working with Customers and Suppliers
- Improving the Cash Cycle Time
- Making Savings through Inventory Management
- Improving Supplier Relationship Management
Reducing Risks in the Supply Chain
- Identifying Internal Supply Chain Risks
- Understanding Risk Management Principles
- Applying SWOT and PESTLEE Models
- Risk Management Planning though Contingencies
- Prioritisation of Risks in the Supply Chain
Managing Outsourcing in the Organisation
- What is outsourcing?
- How to Manage the Outsourced Contract
- Making Sure that You are not Paying too much for an Outsourced Contract
- Understanding How to Measure the Performance of Contracts
- Appreciating Cost / Service Trade-offs
Improving the Oil & Gas Supply Chain Operation
- Measuring the Performance of the Supply Chain
- Improving the Supply Chain Operation’s Performance
- Using Suppliers and Customers to Improve the Supply Chain Operation
- Ensuring the Organisation Develops a Continuous Improvement Strategy
- Minimising Risk by Re-engineering the Supply Chain Operation
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates.
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance.
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients