Project Management is an emerging profession operating in an increasing range of industries. As projects become more complex, and as more organisations move to management by projects, there is an increasing demand for competent project managers. Surprisingly, many small and large projects go wrong. The question is: why do they go wrong? Most of the answer has little to do with project size or degree of complexity, but a lot to do with project planning and control. The cause of project failures can often be traced back to poor project definition, planning or control.
Project success is the key outcome in project management. There is nothing more important to the success of a project than making ‘good’ informed decisions. This technical skill is certainly crucial, yet few managers have had formal training in decision-making and project management. This GLOMACS Technical Project Management training course provides you with the training you need to manage your projects more efficiently. This GLOMACS training course adopts a managerial perspective with an analytic rather than prescriptive emphasis. It also considers both the human and technical sides of management.
This GLOMACS training seminar presents insights into:
- Understanding Planning
- Development of Project Goals
- Understanding and handling Project Risk
- Correct application of Project Control
- Knowledge of Project Economic Evaluation
Attendees of this GLOMACS training seminar will fully understand:
- Project Evaluation
- Project Estimating and budgeting
- Appropriate knowledge of the concepts of project planning
- Elements of Successful Control Systems
- Techniques for Project Control
- Project Reporting
This GLOMACS Technical Project Management training methodology incorporates both theory and skill training components. This GLOMACS training course uses both well-tried and non-traditional techniques, utilises hands-on several mini-case studies and group discussions and provides thorough coverage of concepts, techniques and relevant case studies in project management.
The organisation will benefit by:
- Development of a skilled workforce which is capable of planning and managing projects
- Systematic and efficient management of Projects
- Increasing success rate of projects meeting quality, time, and budgetary goals
- More efficient utilization of company resources
- Reduction of wasted time and money
Attendees will gain by participation in this GLOMACS training course through:
- Ability to plan a project balancing competing objectives
- Proactive identification of risk sources and minimisation of their impact
- Understanding the relationship between cost & time
- Knowledge of mathematical techniques used in resource planning and control
- Evaluating project progress and modifying project plans accordingly
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Technical Project Management training course is intended for Project Management Professionals and individuals who want to hone their project management skills. So whatever background you have (i.e. Oil & Gas, Engineering, Information Technology or Business), this training course will cover both fundamental principles and modern tools of project management.
Overview of Project Management
- Projects in Contemporary Organisations
- The Nature and Context of Project Management
- Benefits of Project Management
- Possible Sources of Variance
- The Project Control Cycle
- Project Delivery Systems
- Developing a Work Breakdown Structure
- Risk Terminology
- Objective and Subjective Risk Assessment
- Basic Techniques for Handling risk
- Cost Fundamentals
- Cost Estimation: Approximate and Detailed Estimates
- Direct and Indirect Costs
- Fundamentals of Project Planning
- Network Analysis Techniques
- Critical Path Scheduling
- Resource Allocation
- Resource Leveling
- Compressing Schedules
- Monitoring and Control using Networks
- What is a Control System?
- The Concept of Variance
- Time-cost Trade Off
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Earned Value Management
Project Reporting & Advanced Topics
- Economic Evaluation of Projects
- Interest & Bid Unbalancing
- Integration of Estimating, Planning & Control
- Lean Project Management: Concept and Applications
Share this Course:
REP logo, PMI & PMP are registered trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.