As of the moment, this course is currently not available on our training portfolio.
If you wish to inquire or request a run for this seminar, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +971 (04) 425 0700
Formulating strategy is no longer seen as an occasional planning exercise but rather a way of thinking that enable managers to see the bigger picture and choose actions to address the most important issues, aligned with the organization’s strategic goals and, where appropriate, challenge conventional thinking by offering fresh, creative ideas and plans. Equally important, once a strategy has been chosen, is the ability to implement it successfully in order to deliver results. Professional managers require the skills and competencies to think and act strategically, especially in a M&A context.
This GLOMACS training course enables delegates to:
- Develop strategic thinking skills through practising methods and techniques that enable new perspectives to be taken
- Understand the difference between strategic thinking and planning
- Learn that strategy is about choice: finding out what is key and concentrating on strategy that delivers the big goals
- Practice a systematic approach to quickly, but thoroughly developing, delivering and measuring business plans
- Identify and understand the difference between good and bad strategy
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will be able to understand:
- What strategy is and its role in value creation
- How to link the creation of stakeholder value with strategic positioning, organization processes and investment
- Effective strategy for competitive, non-competitive and transition environments
- Better practice frameworks and tools enabling the above
- How to cascade strategy effectively through to business plans, budgets, day to day decisions, risk mitigation and performance management
This GLOMACS Think Strategically training course design follows a proven structure for adult learning by combining short inputs of models and concepts with practical exercises from inside and outside the client organization followed by review sessions to consolidate the learning. The course consists of short, focussed sessions that provide an engaging mix of theoretical input, practical exercises, group discussions and presentations to cater for a variety of learning styles. Delegates develop individual action plans to continue the learning beyond the course to ensure the learning is applied and developed further.
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable for:
- Anyone in a leading role or management role, or who is about to take up such a role. It would be valuable for others involved in developing or helping realize the company vision who wishes to update his/her knowledge by re-considering leading-edge thinking in the field of strategic thinking and strategic management
- The course is designed to be very participative and is action-oriented. It will enable functional specialists and professionals from any part of the organization to take a broader view of their potential contribution to the performance of their company, division, business unit or team
Principles of Strategic Thinking and Analysis
- What are strategy and strategic thinking?
- What is the difference between a good strategy and a bad one?
- How to think strategically? - comparison with analytical and creative thinking
- Understanding the Concept of the “Business Model”
- Vision, Values, Mission and Goals – case examples, class discussion and guidelines
- Analysis and Extrapolation of the Business Environment (PESTEL, 5 Forces)
The Strategic Planning Process
- How to evaluate market structures, trends and prospects? - (Ansoff & Directional Policy Matrices)
- Evaluating Internal Competencies and Capabilities
- Situational Analysis: How to use a SWOT Matrix
- Strategy Formulation and Measurement – Strategy Maps and the Balanced Scorecard
- The Content of a Strategy: How to Achieve Strategic Alignment
- Putting a Strategic Plan Together – A 5-Page Framework
- Business Cases and Business Plans Demystified
Strategy Implementation, Measurement and Improvement
- Managing Risk and Uncertainty
- Gaining Your Team’s Commitment and Buy-in to the Strategy
- Video Case Study: Strategy Consultancy Role Play
- Effective Execution – communication and stakeholder management
- Implementation – getting practical things done
- Conclusion - The corporate and individual value of strategic thinking
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.