This GLOMACS Transforming a Procurement Function training course aims at widening the perspectives of delegates with global and cross-industry procurement transformation journeys, lessons learned, and success factors experienced by the biggest multinational companies in the world. The participants will get hands-on with proven methodology and tools to perform a gaps analysis, preparing a business case for change, design targeted stakeholders management plan, multi-level communication plan, project governance, risk mitigation plan so as to implement a successful transformation project. A real-life procurement transformation journey of one of the biggest multinational companies will be shared.
These course objectives are very ambitious. One course covers both of procurement's latest best practices and the key and practical methodologies in a transformation project. This is not for the light-hearted. Leading an organization or just a function in a transformation journey is for those with unshakeable determination and world-class competency and skills.
What value has your procurement function delivered? How is your procurement performance compared with your peers or world best practice? How should an organization embark on its procurement transformation journey? All these questions will be answered and discussed in depth.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- What is the actual and perceived value procurement in an organization?
- How the biggest multinationals and even governments have transformed their procurement?
- How to measure your As-Is?
- How to define your To-Be?
- Is it worth investing in a transformation?
- Best practices and lessons learned in a transformation project
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, the participants will be able to:
- Analyze the role of procurement in driving the organizational strategic and competitive advantage
- Identify where are the gaps in procurement within their organization
- Investigate and analyze the nature and root cause of these procurement gaps effectively
- Propose practical approaches and methods to eliminate these gaps in procurement
- Continuously improve procurement benchmarked to best practices
Leveraging world best practice proven in the real business, this GLOMACS Transforming a Procurement Function training course will be delivered by a recognized Procurement and Change Management Professional who has been involved in delivering complex projects around the world. Exercises, role plays built on a carefully designed case study will maximize hands-on practice.
Impact on the organisation in attending this GLOMACS Transforming a Procurement Function training course is profound, including:
- Procurement becomes a competitive edge of the company
- Best Practices in E2E Procurement
- Skills required for world-class procurement
- Problem-solving within procurement
- Planning to close the gap and deliver excellent procurement
- Capitalizing on lessons learned from the biggest multinationals
The impact of this training course to the participants are manifold and includes:
- Individual action plans
- Problem-solving techniques
- Steps to turn strategy into action
- Change management best practices
- Professional competency development framework
- Tips for engaging with stakeholders
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Transforming a Procurement Function training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals in the petroleum and construction industries, but will greatly benefit:
- Experienced Procurement Personnel
- Senior Procurement Leaders
- Line Managers
- Departmental Heads
- Tendering & Contracts Professionals
- Technical & End Users
Understanding the Value Proposition of Procurement to a Corporate
- Linking Corporate and Procurement Objectives
- World-Class Procurement Performance Benchmarking
- KPIs to Measure Procurement Performance
- Typical Procurement Organizational Structures
- Common Requisition-To-Pay and Contract Management Systems
- Private and Public Procurement Policies
Tools and Techniques in E2E Procurement Category Management
- Supply Market Analysis
- Supply Chain Cost Modelling
- Market Approaches
- Best-Fit Contracting Strategy
- Contract Award
- Contract Initiation
- Contract Performance Management
- Contract Close-out
Conducting a Gaps Analysis
- Analyze the Current State
- SWOT Analysis
- Internal and External Evaluation to Identify Performance Deficiencies
- Tools and Techniques in Decision Making: Decision Trees, Root Cause Analysis
- Determine Future State
Making a Case for Transformation
- Create the Vision & Mission Statement
- Estimate and break down the Added Value Post Transformation?
- Compare the As-Is, and To-Be states in People, Process, and Systems
- Specify the Deliverables and Milestones of the Transformation
- Calculate the Resources and Time Needed for the Transformation
- Determine Return on Investment (ROI)
Preparing for a Transformation Project
- Design Transformation Project Governance and Team Structure
- Identify Stakeholders and create Stakeholders Management Plan
- Create Risks Mitigation Plan for the Project
- Formulate Communication Plan
- Design a One-Page Project Charter
- Influencing Skills
Share this Course: