Warehousing is an integral part of every logistics system, where the warehousing is an important link between the producer and the customer. Warehousing plays a vital role in providing a desired level of customer service at the lowest possible cost where there is a pressure on the warehouse to perform its functions to a high standard to meet the expectations of the customer. Over a number of years, warehousing has developed from a relatively minor part of the company’s logistics system to one of its most important functions.
The purpose of this exciting GLOMACS Warehouse & Stores Management training seminar is to show how to implement all of the essential tools for the effective management of warehousing and stores. The course examines various aspects of the business such as production, product, suppliers, customers and the associated product throughputs and volumes.
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- The Functions of Warehousing
- The Challenges of Supply and Demand
- Improving Customer Service at Lower Costs
- Use of IT in the Warehouse
- Maximising of Space and Cost Reduction
By the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, you will learn to:
- Explain How to design warehouse procedures
- Change and improve methods
- Understand how wasteful activities/costs can be eliminated
- Obtain added value for money with improved customer service
- Improve internal productivity
This GLOMACS Warehouse & Stores Management training seminar will be delivered by an instructor who has first-hand practical experience of warehousing and the training course will have presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video material and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of warehouse management to the particular needs of their workplace.
There will be considerable organisational impact where methods will be improved and significant savings made. Organisations will gain in sending their employees to attend this GLOMACS training course by:
- Examine the link of stock in the company operations and activities
- Analyse the key areas of warehouse operation
- Identify and understand key performance indicators
- Succeed in improving operations
- Apply the right cost and service balance
- Gain a competitive advantage
Participants will gain knowledge about warehousing and by applying the learning of this GLOMACS Warehouse & Stores Management training course will benefit them in their workplace and help in their roles and career growth:
- How to analyse warehouse operations?
- How to make productivity improvements?
- How to select and maintain equipment?
- How to conduct safe operations?
- How to reduce costs and improve service levels?
- Use a framework for continual improvement
Who Should Attend?
There are many people in organisations who would gain significant knowledge about warehousing from attending this GLOMACS training course. It is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Those New to Managing Warehouses or Stores
- Those Non-warehouse people who need to gain an awareness of the issues and key drivers of stock control operations
- Stock Professionals
- Warehouse Operatives and Supervisors
- Distribution Professionals
The Role of the Warehouse
- Why we need a warehouse?
- What functions they cover?
- How do they fit into the supply chain?
- The Balance between Sorting and Storing
- The Location and Capacity of Warehouses
- Supply / Demand Variables
- ABC Analysis or the 80/20 Rule
- Determining Product Handling Groups
- Throughputs and Product Formats
- Receiving Options
- Storage Options
- Picking / Assembly Options
- Dispatching Options
- Using the Floor and the Height Space
- Organising for Flow
Methods and Equipment
Equipment required for lifting, storing and moving equipment available for specific layout options, including:
- Loading Bays
- Selecting Fork Lift Trucks
- Selecting Racking
- Implications for Warehouse Layouts
- Operational Timings and Planning
- The Use of IT within the Warehouse
Health and Safety
- Duty of Care
- Inspections and Risk Assessments-task Analysis
- Equipment Maintenance and Care
- Raising People's Awareness
Security and Loss
- Minimizing Internal Theft
- Minimizing External Theft
- Preventative measures will be briefly discussed
Productivity and Costs
- Fixed and Variable Costs
- Typical Costs Involved
- A Model for Understanding the Roles of Productivity, Utilisation, and Performance
- Setting Productivity and Cost Targets
- The Importance of having Measurements and Key Indications of Performance
As warehouses are a link in the total process of satisfying customers, this session will also examine:
- Internal and External Customers
- Customer Service Measure
- Customer Service Sampling
- Effects of Substandard Service
- Minimising Errors
Warehouse Layouts and Productivity
- Different Types of Layout with Advantages and Disadvantages
- Planning for Flow in the Warehouse
- Calculations for Storage
- Calculations for throughput and Productivity
- Checklists to help on deciding the best option to take back to the participants’ workplace
Share this Course:
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients