Technology has brought about unprecedented opportunities to drive efficiencies, enable automation and change how society interacts and engages in all facets of life. The pace of change is advancing, as are citizen expectations, and globally Governments are, and need to, transform their operations to be more accessible, transparent, and accountable. Apart from aligning to the global trend to move to E-Government, countries need a clear and defined agenda and supporting process to drive change and leverage technology, as a global exemplar.
E-Government is ultimately about realizing the benefits of technology for transforming the way services are delivered to citizens and improving their experience through a ‘Citizen Centric’ model. This has created a pressure to e-enable, transform and innovate in an environment filled with buzzwords Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Big Data, Machine Learning, Virtual Reality, Robotics…. etc, etc. Yet, Governments are mired in legacy and are not ‘start up’ businesses and are obligated to deliver policies and serve all citizens, including those not ready to embrace technology.
Technology must be applied as an ‘enabler’ at the right time for the right reasons and not just because it is available or the latest trend – the question in mind must always be ‘why are we investing in technology?’
This GLOMACS online training seminar will highlight:
- E-Government – What is E-Government and how governments can adapt and deliver e-services, and encourage a shift to new services to improve the citizen’s experiences and how to define suitable Key Performance Indicators
- Digital Transformation – What is digital transformation really means, the benefits it can deliver and how to prioritize opportunities for automation, making use of the most appropriate delivery methodologies and seeking opportunities to share services
- Technological Developments – All too often people use technological buzz words or feel obliged to apply them when they do not necessarily understand the value and applicability. We will provide a brief overview of the current key buzzwords and how the technologies are being applied
- A Citizen Centric Approach – How are citizens expectations changing and how can we best meet their requirements by applying appropriate technology to the delivery of services
- Innovating Public Policy & Services – What is the role of Government and how can it better develop policies to deliver outcomes and create a structure and environment for innovation that delivers efficiency and improved services to Citizens. Benchmarking and learning from others – successes and failures
- Excellence, Tools & Awards – Countries with a long-term vision for Public services, typically operate various tools, guidelines, and awards to drive change
At the end of this GLOMACS online training seminar, you will learn to:
- Recognize the opportunities e-government can bring and Identify and prioritize where technology can be best applied to drive efficiencies, enable change, and improve service delivery for Citizens
- To understand, analyze and where to apply technologies appropriately, to enable a digital transformation that serves the Department and citizens
- Develop and implement a ‘Channel Shift’ strategy to encourage Citizens to take up and move to the most efficient e-enabled services
- Ask the right questions and have the confidence to engage in conversations when seeking support to deliver policies, e-enable existing services or seek to improve the citizens experience
- Recognize the needs of the ‘Citizen’ in all areas of work whether writing policy, creating a communications plan, or creating or improving a service
- Understand the meaning of a Key Performance Indicator, how to create them and ensure that they align to the outcomes sought from the application of technology
- Have insight and basic understanding of the latest ‘buzzword’ technologies and their application
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Employees within Government organisations need to understand the role of technology and accept that achieving truly transformed e-enabled organisation is down to all and not just technologist who are just the enablers:
- Gain insight and understanding of what E-Government is and how it can deliver outcomes
- Their role in delivering and enabling Digital Transformation and how it benefits the Department and Citizen’s
- Ensure employees can talk confidently with technology Departments and know what questions to ask
- Ensure a common understanding of how to improve the customer experience
- How to identify opportunities for improvement and automation in delivering existing and new services
- What to consider when defining and writing ‘outcome’ based policy so as not to complicate on inhibit the application of technology
The E-Government, Digital Transformation and innovation agendas are at the heart of Government Departments and those who wish to progress need to embrace this change. Participants will learn:
- What E-Government is, how it impacts their role and where they can add value to improve its implementation
- What Digital Transformation is, how it enables E-Government and how can participants ensure that their voice is heard when they potentially have a technology requirement.to deliver objectives
- What are the latest ‘technology’ buzzwords mean and their relevance now or in the future?
- How they can confidently engage technologists, the questions to ask and what information they need to provide to get support they need
- Their role in supporting and enabling the delivery of ‘Citizen Centric Services’
- How to recognize and articulate opportunities to Innovate
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS online training course is about enhancing participants knowledge and their role in supporting the delivery of E-Government and Digital Transformation to drive efficiencies and deliver Citizen Centric services.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Technologist New to Government
- Business Process and Quality Employees
- Finance Managers
- Customer Service Managers
- Policy Writers
- Marketing & Communications Delivers
- Excellence Employees