GLOMACS welcomes you to the International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. As NEBOSH states “the best just got better”.
This certificate training course is an internationally recognised qualification and provides an excellent basic grounding in the essentials of health and safety.
You will learn about effective policies, organising your business, investigating loss, risk assessment and risk management. It’s a practical training course, which illustrates common sense approaches to managing this vital function within a business. Find out how to deal with machinery safety, hazardous chemicals, noise, electricity, fire, and radiation, and put effective safety management at your fingertips.
The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is the leading UK examination authority in this field.
Holders of the NEBOSH International General Certificate can apply for the following memberships:
- Associate Membership (AIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Associate Membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM)
- The qualification also meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH
- How to effectively manage health and safety
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards
- How to measure if you’ve been successful
- Relevant key international standards
- Investigate accidents and recommend preventative measures
- Explain human and organisational influences on health and safety
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
The organisation that sends personnel to this online certification training course will have:
- Attain an internationally recognised qualification in health and safety
- Reduce costs to the organisation by reducing incidents
- Gain increased professionalism for staff
- Be able to improve their present working systems
- Have the capacity to increase profitability
Employees participating in this certification training course will:
- Gain an understanding of international standards in regard to common hazards
- Increased confidence in dealing with matters of Health and Safety
- Be able to develop safe systems of work
Who Should Attend?
The GLOMACS International Certificate is aimed at professionals, who have local responsibilities for health and safety and require an internationally recognised measure of competence in this field and is ideal for:
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- All who have health and safety management responsibilities and
- Perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career
Unit IG1: Management of Health and Safety
Element 1: Why We Should Manage Workplace Health and Safety?
- Introduction to health & safety / key terms
- The moral, financial and legal reasons for managing health and safety in the workplace
- Explain how health and safety is regulated and the consequences of non-compliance
- Summarise the main health and safety duties of different groups of people at work
- Explain how contractors should be selected, monitored and managed
Element 2: How Health and Safety Management Systems Work and What They Look Like?
- Safety management systems- What they are and the benefits they bring?
- What a good health and safety management systems looks like?
- Plan – do – check – act
- Practical arrangements
Element 3: Managing Risk – Understanding People and Processes
- Health and safety culture
- Improving health and safety culture
- How human factors influence behaviour positively or negatively?
- Assessing risk
- Management of change
- Safe systems of work for general work activities
- Permit-to-work systems
- Emergency procedures
Element 4: Health and Safety Monitoring and Measuring
- Active and reactive monitoring
- Investigating incidents
- Health and safety auditing
- Review of health and safety performance
Unit IGC2: Risk Assessment
Produce a risk assessment of a workplace which considers a wide range of identified hazards drawn from Elements 5 – 11 below and meets best practice standards ‘suitable and sufficient’.
Element 5: Physical and Psychological Health
- Mental ill-health
- Violence at work
- Substance abuse at work
Element 6: Musculoskeletal Health
- Work-related upper limb disorders
- Manual handling
- Load-handling equipment
Element 7: Chemical and Biological Agents
- Hazardous substances
- Assessment of health risks
- Occupational exposure limits
- Control measures
- Specific agents
Element 8: General Workplace Issues
- Health, welfare and work environment
- Working at height
- Safe working in confined spaces
- Lone working
- Slips and trips
- Safe movement of people and vehicles in the workplace
- Work-related driving
Element 9: Work Equipment
- General requirements
- Hand-held tools
- Machinery hazards
- Control measures for machinery
Element 10: Fire
- Fire principles
- Preventing fire and fire spread
- Fire alarms and fire-fighting
- Fire evacuation
Element 11: Electricity
- Hazards and risks
- Control measures
There are two parts to the International General Certificate.
- Unit IGI Management of International Health is assessed by an open book exam which is conducted online. This consists of a work scenario where you are asked to complete a set of questions within 24 hours.
- Unit IG2 “Risk Assessment” this requires candidates to complete a risk assessment of their workplace within 24 hours, in order to apply in practice the knowledge and understanding gained from the training course. Both the assessments can be completed at home and sent to NEBOSH.