We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at email@example.com
Strategic Communications have never been more critical. Organisations must communicate effectively with their stakeholders in a crowded communications world to build trust, manage reputation and inform them of their priorities and objectives. You will develop the skills to scan the horizon for issues which might impact your organisation – including political, economic, social and technological developments.
The art is then understanding the skills it takes to communicate effectively, with presence, at every level in the workplace. Developing this competency is vital to managerial skills enhancement given that effective communication is essential to the current and future success of any organization. However, because we are now operating in a tech-heavy, time-poor environment, not only do leaders need to understand – they need to be understood – and quickly. Real communication is about first understanding self and then about knowing, with certainty, how other people differ from you and how your message comes across to them.
This GLOMACS training course entitled, The Art of Advanced Communication: Strategic Communication, will focus on the essentials for effective.
This training course will highlight:
- How to align your communications with your organisational strategy?
- Assessing your stakeholders and communications environment
- Planning and preparing what and how to communicate your message
- Developing your self-awareness of yours and others’ communication styles
- Managing conflict, understanding differences and building confidence
- Measuring outcomes
Participants will gain the following from this training course:
- An understanding of organisational strategy and strategic communications
- Knowledge of how to categorise stakeholders and plans for engagement
- An understanding of how to plan and execute and evaluate communication
- Awareness of one’s communication style
- Increased skills in presenting, questioning, listening and observing
- Practice and confidence in delivering communications
This contemporary, interactive training course entitled, The Art of Advanced Communication will challenge and educate delegates, using a broad realm of techniques such as tutor input, discussions, case studies and examples, real-play feedback sessions, video input and relevant personal communication challenges.
Your company will benefit in the following ways:
- Increased relevance of communications effort to realise the organisational strategy
- Understanding of the requirement to communicate effectively with internal teams
- More focused internal and customer communication
- Delegates will return to work with greater confidence to communicate and present more effectively
- Be more ready to volunteer, share information in one-to-one and group discussions
- Sharing of knowledge to help others
The personal benefits to be derived from attending this training course include the following:
- Greater confidence in understanding strategy and handling strategic communications
- Improved ability to plan for specific stakeholder groups
- Understand how to prepare for and execute successful communications and presentations
- Recognise the skills to be a more effective and authentic communicator
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Why is Strategic Communication Important?
- Why is strategic communication important?
- It starts with the organisational strategy: vision and values
- Strategy formulation using SWOT and PESTLE
- Communication strategies and their application
- Over the horizon events – challenges and early warnings
Understanding Communications: Styles & Skills
- Types of communication
- The communication process
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Communication styles
- How to listen, really listen.
Stakeholder Communications & Strategy
- Stakeholder mapping and the power and influence model
- Developing your stakeholder communications plans and consultation
- SMART objectives, KPIs and CSFs
- Stakeholder narrative and messaging
- Gathering, measuring and using data
The Art of Communication and Presentation
- The role of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Giving & receiving feedback
- A model of persuasion - Push vs. Pull
- Presenting: planning and preparation
- Developing presence
Bringing It All Together
- Communications: talking at the strategic level
- Reporting to the C Suite
- Making an impact: analysing and developing your style
- Review and reflections
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.
The Energy Training Centre
Our collaboration with Energy Training Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
Our collaboration with KC Academy aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour