|27 - 31 May 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|30 Sep - 04 Oct 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|30 Sep - 04 Oct 2024||Online||$3,950|
The Understanding Scope 3 Emissions training course provided by Glomacs introduces a comprehensive understanding for scope 3 emissions. Scope 3 emissions are indirect greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions that occur in a company's value chain, including both upstream and downstream activities. These emissions are a result of the company's business activities but occur outside of its operational control. Scope 3 emissions can include emissions from suppliers, transportation, use of products by customers, and disposal of products at the end of their useful life.
Scope 3 emissions are often the largest source of emissions for many companies and can be challenging to measure and manage due to their complexity and the involvement of external stakeholders. However, companies are increasingly recognizing the importance of addressing their Scope 3 emissions as part of their climate change mitigation strategies, as they represent a significant opportunity to reduce their overall carbon footprint and contribute to a more sustainable future.
The Understanding Scope 3 Emissions training course will highlight:
- The meaning of scope 3 emissions.
- Understanding scope 3 emissions.
- Reduction strategies for Scope 3 emissions.
- The different challenges and limitations of scope 3 emissions.
- Case studies and practices
At the end of this Understanding Scope 3 Emissions online training course, you will learn to:
- Understanding the significance of Scope 3 emissions.
- Identifying Scope 3 emissions sources and hotspots
- Developing strategies to reduce Scope 3 emissions
- Implementing and monitoring Scope 3 emissions reduction initiatives
- Integrating Scope 3 emissions into corporate sustainability strategies
Different learning techniques will be used during the training course, starting from PowerPoint presentations, interactive practical exercises, workshops, focused group discussions, related videos, and business case studies.
Attending a online training course on Understanding Scope 3 Emissions can provide companies with the knowledge and tools they need to address this critical aspect of sustainability and can have several organizational impacts, including:
- Improved sustainability performance by understanding how Scope 3 emissions reduction can decrease organization carbon footprint and improve sustainability performance.
- Cost savings through optimizing and identifying inefficiencies in the supply chain.
- Enhanced reputation and increasing customer loyalty through demonstrating a commitment to sustainability and social responsibility.
- Improving competitive advantage over those that do not, as sustainability is becoming increasingly important to consumers, investors, and other stakeholders.
- Addressing Scope 3 emissions may be necessary to comply with regulatory requirements, such as emissions reporting and reduction targets.
The delegates will enhance their Understanding Scope 3 Emissions, and this will be through the following:
- Acquiring deeper understanding of the environmental and social impacts of the organization's supply chain, as well as the tools and strategies needed to address these impacts.
- Thinking strategically about the challenges and opportunities related to scope 3 emissions.
- Understanding the result of reducing scope 3 emissions on the organization performance.
- Applying techniques to include scope 3 emissions reduction actions in the decision-making process.
- Implementing analytical tools to improve their understanding of scope 3 emissions on the environment and society
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This GLOMACS Understanding Scope 3 Emissions training course is necessary for everyone engaged in activities and operations that has direct and/or indirect impacts on environment and society, especially:
- Sustainability team members who are responsible for developing and implementing sustainability strategies within the organization.
- Health, safety and environmental engineers and specialists who are responsible for managing environmental risks and opportunities within the organizations, including emissions reduction initiatives.
- Supply chain specialists and manager who are responsible for managing the organization's supply chain and identifying opportunities for emissions reductions.
- CSR team members who are responsible for managing the organization's social and environmental impacts and ensuring compliance with corporate social responsibility standards.
- Strategists who are responsible for setting the organization long-term goals and targets
Introduction to Scope 3 Emissions
- Definition and overview of scope 3 emissions.
- Scope 3 emissions and their significance in corporate sustainability.
- Overview of the GHG Protocol and corporate reporting frameworks.
- Identifying the scope and boundaries of Scope 3 emissions.
- Understanding the categories of Scope 3 emissions.
Measuring Scope 3 Emissions
- Methods and tools for measuring scope 3 emissions.
- Conducting a Scope 3 emissions inventory.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Calculation methodologies and emission factors.
- Challenges and limitations of Scope 3 emissions accounting.
Scope 3 Emissions Reduction Strategies
- Identifying and prioritizing scope 3 emissions sources.
- Analyzing and interpreting Scope 3 emissions data.
- Understanding the factors that drive Scope 3 emissions.
- Setting reduction targets and strategies.
- Collaboration and engagement with suppliers and other stakeholders.
Integration of Scope 3 Emissions into Corporate Strategy
- Developing a Scope 3 emissions reduction strategy
- Implementing Scope 3 emissions reduction measures
- Monitoring and reporting on Scope 3 emissions
- Communicating Scope 3 emissions performance to stakeholders
- Opportunities for innovation and circular economy approaches
Implementation and best practices of scope 3 emission management
- Companies successfully addressed scope 3 emissions.
- Best practices and lessons learned from scope 3 emissions management
- Industry-specific examples and challenges
- Examples of policy and regulatory frameworks supporting scope 3 emissions reduction
- Future trends and opportunities for scope 3 emissions management.
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
The Energy Training Centre
Our collaboration with Energy Training Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour