Closing Date: May 31, 2019
GLOMACS is seeking a general accountant to work within the framework of the objectives and policies established by the financial controller to complete accounting functions on an accurate and timely basis. You will be working under the general supervision of Controller or Accounting Manager
- Performs general accounting functions, accounting records, and other related duties in the daily administration of the accounting department
- Performs accounts payable and account receivable functions
- Performs cost accounting functions
- Maintains general ledger to include preparation of journal entries, coding of invoices, accounts analysis and reconciliation, closing books monthly
- Performs other duties of the same or lesser degree as required by the position or as assigned by supervisor / manager
Special Skills & Requirements
- Position contributes to the accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annually financial closings.
- Ability to work in detail and good organizational skills.
- Ensuring timely and accurate records in accordance with company accounting policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starting individual
- Requires strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task, & ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to read, analyze & interpret information
- Ability to handle business correspondences
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Strong organizational skills with ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, consistently meeting deadlines with accurate & detailed results
- Frequent internal contacts with Controller, department heads, Purchasing, and Administrative Staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance related field required
- 1 to 3 years accounting experience including knowledge of computerized accounting system and PC spreadsheets
- GCC experience a plus