On-site Events Coordinator (PART-TIME)
Closing Date: Jan 31, 2020
Working for GLOMACS means you are part of something big, something special! You will be part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver on our commitment to our event participants.
We are seeking a motivated and self-driven candidate to work as a part time on site coordinator for our London events. This position requires 100% confidentiality and discretion. An NDA will be required. This is a unique opportunity and would be ideal for anyone interested in a part time job. This position requires the successful candidate to be onsite and will involve local travel to events. Reliable transportation is required.
The On-site Events Coordinator will work with the London Events Team to facilitate the on-site execution of events. This is a part-time position.
Under the direction of GLOMACS Events Supervisor, the successful applicant will be responsible for working onsite at large-scale training events. The main duties of this position include:
- Coordinate the execution of events onsite
- Act as the main point of contact for GLOMACS during events
- Provide excellent customer service at all times to the event participants
- Act as a brand ambassador for GLOMACS; respond to participants inquiries and complaints while onsite
- Oversee event logistics such as equipment set-up, load-in/out
- Complete final checks on day of event to ensure everything meets standards
- Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
- Liaise with course administrators, course instructors and hotel venues to ensure the successful event execution
- Create comprehensive event reports to document all event details and issues
- Ensure that all applicable policies and guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure that GLOMACS course administrators approve all additional costs that may apply as a result of requested or required changes during an event
- Adhere to the meeting venue emergency escalation procedure
- Some social media support may be required
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum 1-year experience in event coordination or logistics
- Post-secondary education in event management or equivalent. Post-graduate education preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task diverse challenges at one time
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated technical competence with Word, Excel, Social Media and Outlook
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with the ability to work independently
Note: The Onsite Events Coordinator will work with the GLOMACS London Team to facilitate the onsite execution of events. This is a part-time position.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at his or her own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record.