|29 Apr - 03 May 2024
|Dubai - UAE
|07 - 11 Oct 2024
|London - UK
|28 Apr - 02 May 2025
|Dubai - UAE
This training course introduces a comprehensive training course focusing on Brownfield Site Restoration and Remediation. Brownfields are properties that are unoccupied or underutilized and where the expansion, redevelopment, or reuse is inhibited by the existence or likely presence of hazardous chemicals, pollutants, or contaminants. Liability issues for developers and potential property owners, technical issues with cleanup methods and land use goals, time, and money issues with the necessary cleanup activities at the site, and planning considerations with the community are all difficulties in cleaning up and redeveloping brownfields.
This GLOMACS Brownfield Site Restoration and Remediation training course outlines the full spectrum of services and resources required for the often-complex steps involved in redeveloping, restoration, and remediation of brownfield properties. It seeks to train and assist a broad audience of private industry, field, and agencies, economic development agencies and redevelopment authorities, local officials, communities, property owners, developers, and other stakeholders.
This Brownfield Site Restoration and Remediation training course will highlight:
- Brownfield Definition and Properties
- Brownfield Restoration Techniques and Processes
- Brownfields Area Management
- Green and Sustainable Remediation
- Recommendations and Future View
At the end of this Brownfield Site Restoration and Remediation training course, you will learn to:
- Understand what Brownfield, Restoration, and Remediation
- Implement Brownfield Restoration Techniques and Processes
- Know how to manage Brownfields Area
- Understand Green and Sustainable Remediation
- Plan how to protect workers
- Plan Time Agenda
- Suggest Financial Plan
This training course will be conducted along workshop principles with formal presentations, videos, and examples. Relevant case studies will be provided to illustrate the application of each topic in an operations environment. Each learning point will be reinforced with practical exercises. There will be ample opportunities for discussion and sharing experiences.
On completion of this Brownfield Site Restoration and Remediation training course, the delegate will be able to critically analyze the methodologies employed within the organization and instigate improvements where required. This will keep the work environment safe, smooth, and sustainable.
Technical knowledge is key to effective control and peer respect within any organization, when this is achieved personal satisfaction follows. training course will give the delegate the required level of technical knowledge and skill to achieve that personal satisfaction in understanding how to restore, remediate, and redevelop the brownfield sites to be safe, green, and utilized as a sustainable land.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This Brownfield Site Restoration and Remediation training course is directed towards:
- Team Leaders
- Operators and Technicians
This GLOMACS Brownfield Site Restoration and Remediation training course will also benefit anyone who wishes to update themselves on green building and renewable energy for the benefit of their organisations:
- All Building Operation and Management Personnel
- All Plant & Facility O&M Technicians
- Building Engineers
- Building Managers & Superintendents
- Plant & Facility Managers
- Environmental Health & Safety Personnel
- Environmental Sustainability Engineers
- Energy Management Personnel
- Personnels working in manufacturing plants, wastewater facilities, research facilities, government buildings, commercial & apartment buildings, shopping centers
- Safety Consideration
- Standard International Units
- What Is Brownfield? What is Restoration and Remediation?
- Soil Components and Pollution
- Birth of Remediation Industry
- Barriers to Brownfield Remediation and Redevelopment
Brownfield Restoration Process
- The Four Step Brownfield Renewal Process
- Step 1: Site Identification and Project Planning
- Step 2: How to Determine Whether You Have Contamination on Your Site
- Step 3: Cleaning Up Your Site
- Step 4: The End of the Line - Redevelopment of Your Site
- Brownfield Program Processes
- Time Management (Gant Chart)
Brownfields Area Management
- Brownfields Lingo
- Soil Contamination Categories and Causes
- Technologies available to clean up contaminated properties.
- Land use objectives
- Brownfield Site Restoration
- Brownfield Site Remediation
Green and Sustainable Remediation
- EPA View of Green Remediation
- Techniques of Soil Remediation
- Green and Sustainable Remediation of Contaminated Sites
- What is the difference between Green and Sustainable?
- What’s changed?
- Permitting for Brownfield Sites
- Specific Conflicts
- Worker Protection
- Financial issue
- Example Site (Remediated sites and brownfields Success stories)
- Next Steps - Future of Brownfields
- Additional Issues – Phytoremediation
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour