This International Oil Supply, Transportation, Refining and Trade training course is designed to give participants a comprehensive picture of the international oil supply, transportation, refining and trade. Further, this Oil & Gas training seminar will include crude oil and refined markets, risks, legal and regulatory issues involved in the international trading of crude oil and refined products.
This training seminar on International Oil Supply, Transportation, Refining & Trade is presented with the wide range of essential practices of petroleum industry spanning, exploration, extraction, refining; and global oil supply, reserves, production & trade flows. With the overview of these essential upstream and midstream practices, the industry downstream operations dealing with crude oil and refined products trading and its associated risks and uncertainties can be fully understood. Since price volatility always exists, the Price Risk Management appropriate techniques are presented in detail. Sales, Marketing, Trading and Risk Management are crucial and also the most dynamic parts of the value chain, and extremely important for managers to stay on the top of these activities.
This GLOMACS training course will feature:
- Essential success factors in exploration, production, and transportation of oil
- Important elements of petroleum refining and its economics
- Improving refinery economics and overall profitability of oil business
- Focusing on strategic planning and tactics to reduce corporate risk
- Logistics of international supply, transportation and storage of oil
- Practical aspects crude oil sales, marketing and trading
By the end of this training courses, participants will be able to:
- Understand upstream oil exploration, production & supply principles and practices
- Understand refining process, compute refinery gross and net margins
- Understand LP models, and develop crude oil selection criteria
- Apply petroleum economics, calculate financial benchmarks and prioritize projects
- Estimate costs, negotiate and compare physical deals and help write contracts for the sale of crude oil and refined products
- Use worldscale reference to charter a ship and to calculate the profitability
- Understand the international markets, their risks and how prices are formed and disseminated
- Understand the hedging instruments, determine the price risk exposure and manage price risk
- Acquire legal and regulatory issues relating to the International aspects of oil trading
This highly-interactive International Oil Supply, Transportation, Refining and Trade training course is designed to encourage delegate participation through a combination of short videos, group discussions, and business case studies designed to reinforce new knowledge and skills, and discussion of “real life” issues in their organizations.
It will be highly interactive, with opportunities to advance your opinions and ideas. Participation is encouraged in a supportive environment. To ensure the concepts introduced during the training course are understood, they will be reinforced through a mix of learning methods, including lecture style presentation, simulations of oil fields, simulation of refineries and demo of real-time market price movements of crude.
This training course will be presented with the use of PowerPoint slides and technical videos. This will be augmented by case studies and facilitated discussions, to engage the delegates and to encourage the exchange of ideas. Simulation, Market Buying & Selling Systems and Short videos will also be used to reinforce specific points and to relate the material to real-world experience.
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Business Development Managers
- Corporate Planning Professionals
- Lawyers & Law Firms’ Personnel
- Geoscientists & Engineers
- Bankers, Accountants
- Members of Board and Senior Oil Executives
- Media Personnel who interface with traders and trading
- Government Regulators
- Tax & Finance Advisors
- Compliance Officers
- Equity & Financial Analysts and Bankers
- Joint Venture Officers
- Contract Negotiators