|13 - 17 May 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|12 - 16 Aug 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|11 - 15 Nov 2024||Stockholm - Sweden||$5,950|
This Low Carbon Development training course is an essential step towards equipping participants with the knowledge and skills needed to actively contribute to a more sustainable and climate-resilient future. As global concerns about climate change intensify, the demand for experts well-versed in low carbon strategies, renewable energy solutions, and energy efficiency practices has never been greater. By enrolling in this training course, participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of the intricacies surrounding low carbon development, enabling them to make informed decisions that align with environmental stewardship and economic progress.
This training course is designed to bridge theory and practice, making use of real-world case studies that showcase successful low carbon initiatives, giving participants valuable insights into the challenges, opportunities, and strategies that have proven effective in different contexts. From policy instruments promoting renewable energy to energy efficiency measures in diverse sectors, participants will be equipped with a diverse toolkit to drive tangible change. Moreover, the training course delves into the latest international greenhouse gas agreements and commitments, ensuring participants are up-to-date with the evolving landscape of global climate action.
This GLOMACS Low Carbon Development training course will highlight:
- Unveiling the Low Carbon Landscape. Delve into foundational concepts of low carbon development, dissecting global climate change challenges, greenhouse gas emissions, and international agreements shaping sustainable pathways.
- Crafting Effective Strategies. Gain insights into successful low carbon initiatives and policy instruments, empowering you to navigate the complexities of promoting renewable energy adoption and energy efficiency improvements.
- Renewable Energy Revolution. Explore a comprehensive overview of renewable energy solutions, from solar and wind power to geothermal and biofuels, understanding their pivotal role in catalysing the transition to a greener energy mix.
- Efficiency in Action. Comprehend the intricacies of energy efficiency across buildings, transportation, and industries, mastering the art of optimizing systems, reducing carbon footprints, and enhancing resource utilization.
- Driving Change as a Stakeholder. Identify key players in the low carbon development landscape and position yourself as a change agent, armed with the knowledge and strategies to contribute to a sustainable future.
By the end of this Low Carbon Development training course, participants will learn to:
- Grasp the Core Concepts: Understand the fundamentals of low carbon development and its multifaceted impacts.
- Formulate Effective Strategies: Develop skills to craft and execute strategies for driving renewable energy adoption and energy efficiency.
- Navigate Renewable Energy: Gain expertise in evaluating and implementing diverse renewable energy solutions.
- Optimize Efficiency: Acquire the ability to identify and address energy inefficiencies across sectors, minimizing carbon footprints.
- Empower Change: Be prepared to engage with stakeholders and actively contribute to local and global low carbon initiatives.
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes trainer-guided discussions between participants including case studies and group exercises.
When employees attend this training course in Low Carbon Development, the organisational impact will be:
- Strategic Alignment: Establishes a common understanding and direction towards sustainable goals.
- Innovative Solutions: Introduces fresh strategies for emission reduction and renewable integration.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensures adherence to changing environmental regulations and agreements.
- Cost Savings: Implements energy-efficient practices, directly lowering operational costs.
- Reputation Enhancement: Demonstrates environmental commitment, enhancing the organization's image as a sustainability leader.
Participants attending this Low Carbon Development training course will:
- Invest in their own professional growth
- Contribute to the greater good of our planet
- Empower them to become a key player in driving sustainable development within your organization, community, or on a larger scale.
- Explore renewable energy solutions
- Learn about carbon footprint calculations
- Unravel the complexities of energy efficiency
- Be better prepared to design and implement strategies that reduce emissions and create a lasting positive impact.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This GLOMACS Low Carbon Development training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Energy Managers
- Energy Engineers
- Energy Auditors
- Policy Makers
- Renewable Energy Enthusiasts
- Corporate Sustainability Managers
- Project Managers
- Government Officials
- Consultants and Advisors
- Students and Researchers
Introducing the Concept of Low Carbon Development
- The global climate change situation
- Greenhouse gases
- GHG Emissions
- International GHG agreements and commitments (Kyoto, Paris, Netzero-2050, etc.)
- Key stakeholders in low carbon development
Low Carbon Strategies & Carbon Footprint
- Case studies of successful low carbon development initiatives
- Policy instruments for promoting renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Challenges and opportunities in implementing low carbon strategies
- Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions
- Carbon footprint measurements and calculations
- Overview of renewable energy solutions
- Solar power
- Wind power
- Hydro power (incl. tidal, wave, current)
- Biofuels and Biomass
- Other decarbonisation strategies (hydrogen fuel cells, energy storage, etc.)
Energy Efficiency in Buildings and Transportation
- Overview of energy efficiency in buildings and transportation
- HVAC, Chillers, and refrigeration compressors
- Water heating
- Heat exchangers
- Building envelope
- Energy storage
Energy Efficiency in Industry
- Overview of energy efficiency in industry
- Electric induction motors
- Fans and cooling towers
- Steam boilers
- Compressed air systems
- Turbines, power generation, and Combined Cooling Heat and Power
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
The Energy Training Centre
Our collaboration with Energy Training Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
Our collaboration with KC Academy aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour