|29 Jan - 02 Feb 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|10 - 14 Jun 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
This GLOMACS Major Incident Scenes training course is an excellent opportunity for Legal Practitioners and associated roles to enrich their ability to identify how crime scene investigations are conducted, this includes how the crime scenes are secured, preserved and examined so that harvesting of forensic opportunities are maximized.
This GLOMACS training course provides the participant with the opportunity to acquire recognised transferable skills within the field of policing including crime scene investigation, practical aspects of policing such as homicide investigation, and ethical and political issues associated with policing. The Dealing with Major Incident Scenes (Forensic) training course is delivered by experienced academic and former senior police officers and senior police service support staff who bring a wealth of theoretical and practical knowledge to enhance the learning. There is a strong emphasis on employability skills throughout, this interactive course will help you to determine how to define and detect a major incident and will explore the ways of taking ownership and working towards a speedy resolution.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- Key roles and responsibilities involved in managing and examining Major Incident scenes.
- Manage the initial response to a substantive investigation, implementing Golden Hour principles and fast track actions where appropriate including threats to life situations.
- The importance of securing, preserving, and incident site.
- Manage the performance of teams and individuals while incorporating health safety and welfare legislation and policy.
- The possible forensic evidence types available from Major Incident scenes.
- The roles, responsibilities and capabilities of the specialists involved in reactive & proactive investigations.
At the end of this GLOMACS training course, you will learn to:
- Identify forensic examination and recovery methods appropriate to the scene.
- Evaluate forensic investigations, tactics, and strategy have been appropriate for the crime.
- Develop awareness of policies, procedures and processes involved in the major scene process.
- Describe the procedures for the collection, preservation and recording of evidence and intelligence.
- Identify effective operational Major Scene Investigation techniques.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This GLOMACS Major Incident Scenes training course is suitable for a wide range of law practitioners and associated roles enforcement engaged in the legal cases involving crime scene investigations.
This course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Forensic practitioners
- Police Officers
- Law practitioners
- Security Services
- Immigration and Customs Officers
- Intelligence Practitioners and Managers
- Any other agency tasked with investigating crime
- What is a Major Incident?
- Decision making and strategic planning
- Responding to a Major Incident
- The four phases of Major Scenes
- Initial response, Consolidation, Recovery and Restoration
- Documenting the Scene, Notes, Photographs and sketching
- Dealing with on scene fatalities
- Maintenance of the Scene
- Locards Principle of exchange
- Deoxyribose Nucleic Acid (DNA)
- Evidence procedures and documentation
- Understanding forensic outcomes
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour