Offshore field development involves planning the field development, design engineering, construction, start-up and production operations. When planned and executed with marine assets, such offshore field development projects will be technically and commercially challenging. Therefore a good knowledge and competency of the project team members throughout the different phases of the field development are keys to the successful execution of such developments.
This 5-day GLOMACS Managing Offshore Field Development & Marine Asset training seminar aims to provide the participants with comprehensive foundation knowledge of offshore field development and offshore engineering. The training seminar starts with an introduction to Field Development Planning (FDP) and project management, followed by design engineering, procurement, substructures and topsides fabrication, load-out and sea transportation, offshore installation, hook-up, commissioning, and start-up. An overview of the major and support marine vessels, cranes and pipe-laying equipment will also be described.
This GLOMACS training seminar places particular emphasis on the principles and best practices, flowcharts and diagrams to enhance the learning experience of the participants. Relevant international and typical client engineering standards will be referred to. Rules of thumb, engineering formulas, flowcharts and diagrams will be used to illustrate the principles and steps required for each part of the work. Real-life project examples as well as video clips will be used to demonstrate these offshore engineering activities and to aid the familiarisation and learning of the participants.
With a good foundation knowledge of offshore field development, marine assets and offshore engineering, it is hoped that the participants will be better prepared to function in the feed and design engineering, fabrication and construction department, offshore installation, hook-up, commissioning and start-up of offshore projects. Such roles include field and discipline engineers, project engineer, cost estimating engineers, fabrication contract admin executives, CSR, construction supervisors and engineers, or fabrication engineer.
This GLOMACS training seminar will feature:
- Overview of Field Development Planning (FDP) and Project Management
- Design engineering process, deliverables and flowchart
- Fabrication techniques such as cutting and welding, blasting and painting
- Erection and assembly techniques, including cranes and lifting techniques
- Load-out techniques, preparations and ballasting
- Sea-fastening engineering and implementation
- Structure and topsides installation techniques
- Pipelaying and riser installation activities
- Subsea installation and diving support activities
- Hook-up workpack process and execution
- Hook-up activities for each engineering discipline
- Commissioning activities, start-up and handover to client
By the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, participants will be able to:
- Understand What entails in Field Development Planning (FDP) and Project Management
- Understand the Complexities of Managing Offshore Field Development & Marine Asset
- Understand Fabrication, Erection, Load-out and Sea-fastening Implementation at Fabrication Yards
- Understand the selection of the major support marine vessels and major installation equipment for offshore installation works
- Fully understand the structure and topsides installation techniques
- Understand what is involved in Pipe laying and riser installation works & Subsea installation and diving support activities
- Fully understand what are involved in mobilisation of marine vessels, construction crew, marine crew and construction equipment
- Understand the scope of work for hook-up and commissioning activities
This GLOMACS Managing Offshore Field Development & Marine Asset training seminar will be conducted in a classroom. Examples and video clips of past offshore fabrication and load-out activities, as well as offshore installation activities will be used to aid the learning and understanding of the subject matters. Participants will also take part in group classroom exercises to reinforce their learning experience. Each participant will receive a set of training seminar materials. There will also be pre-seminar as well as post-seminar assessment tests.
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training seminar is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Asset Managers
- Field Engineers, CSRs, Construction Supervisors, Project Engineers
- Operations Engineers
- Workpack Engineers
- Structural Engineers
- Metocean Engineers
- Pipeline Discipline Engineers
- Subsea Equipment Engineers
- Various Discipline Engineers (structural, piping, equipment, electrical, instrumentation)
- Maintenance Engineers
- Contract Admin, Buyers and Procurement Executives
- Cost Estimating, Project Control and Planning Engineers
- Diving and Diving Support Personnel
- Managers and Executives who are new to Offshore engineering projects
- Other Engineers and Technicians who need to update their current Oil and Gas industry experience and wanting to move to Offshore Field development Projects
- University engineering lecturers who wish to be CPD-certified by Institution of Engineers (IEM) at their respective countries