Petrochemicals are used extensively in our daily lives from trivial plastic materials to the high range sophisticated material used in artificial body parts, and medical devices. Petrochemicals business is growing rapidly. Such a rapid growth is also adding to the environmental risks.
To an existing oil & gas producing and refining, it is very important to expand its hydrocarbon value chain by expanding into petrochemical business both to improve capital productive, by fully utilizing hydrocarbon by-products, and reduce the crude oil price risk for the integrated producing, refining and petrochemical business.
This GLOMACS Mini-MBA in Understanding the Dynamics of the Petrochemicals Industry training course has been designed to enable participants to learn more about the value of petrochemicals and the success factors that can improve financial performance and help companies to survive during low prices and thrive when prices improve.
In this GLOMACS training course, the participants will gain the technical knowledge and business expertise and be able to:
- Determine the basic chemicals groups, and the rearrangement of Hydrocarbons chains in the process of adding economic value, and the measure of conversion and yield in a refinery
- Understand the basic refining operations and the business of petrochemicals
- Determine the project management evaluation and the key considerations in selecting proper technology, capital, and operating costs for the project
- Identify the technical and economic merits and the challenges in integrating petroleum refinery with petrochemicals
- Differentiate the petrochemical business concepts and individual merits with examples of Strategies / Business Models of Integrated Oil Companies, National Oil Companies and Non-Oil Companies
- Understand the petrochemical innovations, challenges & future trends
- Recognize and effectively deal the environmental issues arising from the rapid growth in the use of plastics
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, the participants will be able to:
- Master the petrochemical value chain from the raw oil & gas to finished plastics, and other high vale sophisticated material used in improving the quality of lives
- Enhance their knowledge of oil & gas production, refining, petrochemical operations, manufacturing, demand forecasting, sales contracts, prices, distribution, sales, etc.
- Evaluate the petrochemical markets, business strategies and petrochemical models
- Confidently discuss the technical terms, concepts and buzzwords in the petrochemical industry with your peers and clients
This dynamic and highly interactive GLOMACS Mini-MBA in Understanding the Dynamics of the Petrochemicals Industry is designed to encourage delegate participation through a combination of group discussion, practical exercises case studies, quizzes and an extensive use of short videos highlighting the petrochemical operations, environmental and safety considerations to reinforce new knowledge and skills, and discussion of practical issues in their organizations.
By sending their employees to this GLOMACS Mini-MBA in Oil & Gas Technology training course, the organization will gain a wider range of sills that participants gain and henceforth apply in theirs workspace that will directly benefits their respective companies.
- Offers a wider management perspective of global petrochemical business and highlights the success factors in each category of several business models
- Defines how innovations in energy and petrochemicals are helping to drive economic growth and improve living standards around the world
- Clarifies how we can achieve these goals while delivering value to shareholders
- Inculcates the corporate culture of effectively dealing with the core issues, tactics and essential concepts of successfully running the petrochemical business
Each participant will be able to enhance technical knowledge and business skills of Petrochemical Industry that will directly benefit his/her career growth.
- Master the core competencies of Petrochemical Industry
- Sharpen the business skills by learning those technique that improve capital productivity and operational excellence
- Understand the value chain optimization in Petrochemical Industry and apply at the workplace to improve stockholders value
- Be fully cognizant of success factors of the different categories of the Petrochemical Industry – NOC’s, IOC’s, pure Chemical Companies, Pure Refining Companies, their relative strengths and weaknesses
Who Should Attend?
This Mini-MBA in Oil & Gas Technology of GLOMACS, Understanding the Dynamics of the Petrochemicals Industry training course is designed to train and improve the business knowledge of a wide range of professionals as follows:
- Business Development Managers
- Corporate Planning Professionals
- Geoscience & Engineering Professionals
- Refinery Professionals
- Supply Planners & Scheduling Professionals
- Government Regulators
- Law Professionals
- Tax & Finance Advisors
- Auditing Personnel
- Compliance Officers
- Equity Analyst and Bankers
- Joint Venture Officers
- Negotiators and Contracting Professionals
- Trading Professionals