Functional process safety involves identifying potential hazardous events that can trigger a chain reaction that could lead to serious or catastrophic consequences. This GLOMACS Safety Instrumentation and Emergency Shut-down Systems training seminar explains the requirements of the international standards IEC 61508 and IEC 61511, for functional safety instrumented system and, covers the entire life-cycle of safety instrumented systems, from determining what risk control systems are required through to decommissioning. This also includes the separation of basic process control systems and safety instrumented systems (SIS), layers independent protection (LOPs), how to determine safety integrity levels (SILs), technology choices and field device issues.
This GLOMACS Safety Instrumentation and Emergency Shut-down Systems training seminar primarily focuses on establishing conceptual and detailed design requirements, hazard analysis techniques, safety requirements specification, and the commissioning, operating and maintenance procedures.
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- Hazard and Risk Reduction Studies
- Explaining Technology an Equipment Choices
- Safety Requirement Specifications for an SIS
- Selection of Field Devices (Sensors, Programmable Logic Controllers and Valves)
- Establishing Operation and Maintenance Procedures
This GLOMACS training seminar on Safety Instrumentation and Emergency Shut-down Systems is to acquaint instrumentation and control system engineers with the essentials of the IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 safety instrumented systems standards and, how they relate to the safety life cycle of developing and maintaining safety instrumented systems. The fundamental tools will enable delegates to evaluate, design, install and maintain Safety Instrumented Systems (SISs) and to determine their Safety Integrity Level (SILs) requirements.
At the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, you will learn to:
- Understand requirements of the international standards IEC 61598 and IEC 61511
- Apply the IEC 61508 Safety Instrumented System Development ‘Safety Life Cycle’ model
- Determine the Safety Integrity Level (SIL) using risk assessment methods
- Understand the specifications of emergency shutdown protection requirements
- Establish specification requirements for sensor, programmable logic controller and valves
- Follow Management of Change (MOC) procedures for control of future SIS changes
This GLOMACS Safety Instrumentation and Emergency Shut-down Systems training seminar uses a range of approaches for learning, including group activities, exercises and case studies. Key part of the learning process is sharing of experiences and knowledge. Throughout the training seminar, delegates will learn through active participation using exercises and case studies.
In addition to the professional development of staff, the organisation will be able to prioritise resources for developing and managing safety instrumentation system projects, including:
- Implementing safety instrumented systems that optimises production and safety
- Use well proven risk assessment and analysis for competent SIS development
- More effective implementation in upgrading existing emergency shutdown controls
- Improved confidence in the prevention of hazardous incidents
Attendees will be able to apply skills learnt from this training at a practical level to identify, develop and implement safety instrumented systems.
- Delegates will gain skills to be able select technology choices that meets IEC 61508 / 61511
- By using these skills you can competently implement the SIS safety life cycle
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Safety Instrumentation and Emergency Shut-down Systems training seminar is specifically tailored for anyone involved in the field of emergency shutdown and safety related instrumentation systems according to IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 requirements.
- Personnel who are responsible for the designing, selecting, specifying, installing, operating and maintaining safety instrumentation systems
- Experienced professionals who want to broaden their understanding of safety instrumentation systems (SIS)
This GLOMACS training seminar is also suitable to a wide range of professional but will greatly benefit:
- Design and Electrical Engineers
- Instrument and Process Control Engineers and Technicians
- Mechanical Engineers and Technicians
- Operations and Process Engineers
- Line Managers and Supervisors