|18 - 22 Dec 2023||Online||$3,950|
|16 - 20 Dec 2024||Online||$3,950|
This Sustainable Construction Management training course will cover the importance and relevance of effective and pragmatic strategies required for construction management professionals to develop expertise. Construction management is the completion of a project's lifetime, which encompasses feasibility, preliminary design, advanced design, procurement, and construction. The course will also cover construction management from the standpoint of sustainable construction as an extra bonus.
Sustainable development and green building have been one of the most prominent issues in the real estate development industry over the past decade. Unfortunately, it is difficult to precisely define what makes a green construction. A "green" building is one that, via its design, construction, and operation, may both limit and eliminate negative impacts on the environment and climate. Green constructions simultaneously improve our quality of life and preserve the environment.
In addition to their technical knowledge, supervisory teams must possess essential administrative and supervision skills for the successful completion of projects. To maximise the likelihood of a project's success, building sites must be regulated, supervised, and maintained in a secure manner. There is the potential for significant danger and harm if it is not adequately managed and supervised. This training course introduces the practical tools required to manage the time and money of a project. In addition, the overall cost and duration of the project can be estimated based on the success rates and quantity of money spent during its duration. Moreover, consider the most effective environmental sustainability strategies.
This GLOMACS Sustainable Construction Management training course will feature:
- Practice in construction project management techniques
- Collaboration and coordination strategies
- An understanding of critical issues affecting project and site performance
- Options for sustainable green buildings
- Techniques for meeting deadlines and multitasking on the job site
- Innovative construction site supervision techniques to achieve project success
- Managing complex and difficult changes, claims, and disputes
By the end of this Sustainable Construction Management training course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate and manage work processes, resources, and systems to satisfy site work
- Resources such as water, energy, and others are used effectively
- Using renewable energy sources, including solar energy
- Efforts to facilitate recycling and reusing materials as well as reduce pollution and waste
- Excellent indoor air quality; non-toxic, moral, and ecological building materials
- Help the construction site manage work quality, efficiency, and cost.
- Learn how to manage adjustments, claims, and disputes, as well as how to control costs and administer progress payments.
- Lead project meetings and oversee the performance of teams and people
In order to ensure that the knowledge presented is understood, comprehended, and retained to the fullest extent possible, this Civil & Construction Engineering training course will make use of a range of tried-and-true adult learning strategies. The daily workshops will involve a lot of participation and interaction. Photos and videos will be used as examples.
Organisation will be able to expand and enhance their capacity in Construction Supervision by:
- Elevating their control and monitoring capabilities for site supervision
- Improving high-quality site supervision to ensure seamless coordination and collaboration by various construction parties
- Mitigating and navigating complex construction site scenarios, issues, problems, and challenges with skill.
- Successfully managing complicated adjustments, claims, and counterclaims at the construction site
- The ability to choose the project's structure and acquire management abilities
- The ability to avoid wasting time or money by learning how to manage both costs and deadlines
Delegates will be able to expand their skill sets and abilities by participating in this Sustainable Construction Management training course in the areas of:
- Effective supervision of various construction site scenarios
- Communicating and dealing with problematic stakeholders
- Milestones management - Scheduling, planning, and resource allocation at different stage gates
- Using tools and approaches for change, claim, counterclaim, conflict, and dispute resolution
- Reliable site progress reporting and successful adherence to many layers KPIs
- Increasing construction supervision's technical proficiency
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This GLOMACS Sustainable Construction Management training course is designed for persons who desire to learn practical site management techniques that will assist them in completing work tasks, managing and matching key site stakeholders’ expectations, establishing and maintaining priorities and meeting deadlines for work and projects.
- Civil Engineers
- Architecture Engineers
- Project Managers
- Structural Engineers
Organization, Health and Safety
- The Participants, including the Owner, the Contractor, and any Subcontractors
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities
- Basic safety rules and compliance, jobsite conditions and hazards; contractual issues and exposures in construction projects
- Health, Safety, Environment, and Sustainability
- Construction Equipment Safety; and Sustainability Administration and Compliance
- Green Building Movement Today's
- Fundamentals—What Constitutes a Green Building?
- Greening the Economy: Incentive Structures, Barriers, and Benefits
- Developing Measurable Green Standards
- Employer, Consultants, Contractors, Subcontractors coordination
- Owner and Contractor's Meetings
- Team phases, development, and harmonization – managing and matching expectations
Planning, Scheduling and Resources Commitment at Site
- Essential Scheduling Tools, Instruments, and Techniques
- Core Philosophy and updating schedules
- Obtaining and providing feedback on information
- Schedule and resource problems, solutions, and next steps
- Managing on-site anticipated and unforeseen risk
- Monitoring and assessing time, cost, and quality
- Ensuring site compliance and taking corrective action
Progress Control, Monitoring and Reporting
- Project cash flow and progress payment
- Introduction to Concrete and Reinforced Concrete
- Skills of Controlling the Quality of Concrete
- Understanding Soil Investigation and Challenges of Soil Mechanics
- Precaution during Construction Foundations
- Skills of Checking
- The Construction Elements
- The Design Drawings
- The Soil Investigation Report
Environmentally Sustainable Design and Building Economics
- Causes of Change and how to effectively manage Changes
- Claims, Counter Claims, and Disputes
- Negotiation Strategies to manage multiple Claims and Disputes
- Complex Changes, Claims and Disputes management
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Tools and Techniques (Mediation and Arbitration)
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.
The Energy Training Centre
Our collaboration with Energy Training Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour